• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by a11y.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Place to stay for 3 nights on the way to Morzine
  • samcamsdad

I know there has been a few threads recently about one night stopovers driving down to the alps, but we are after a nice area to stay for three nights. There’s two adults and two kids (13 & 16) and our dog, so we’re after somewhere with plenty to do to keep us all occupied and also have some decent downtime before hitting the mountains in Morzine.
    I’ve been looking in the Jura region but not sure where is good and worth staying for a while. also not ruling out the Black Forest area.
    Any ideas appreciated.
    Cheers.

sharkattack

Do you want to ride? La Bresse and Lac Blanc bikeparks are quite close together and there’s loads of campsites in the area.

5lab

as above, la bresse and lac blanc will occupy riders for 3 days easily

samcamsdad

Wouldn’t mind a days riding, I’ll have a look at la bresse. Cheers.

a11y

If Black Forest area is a consideration, check out Titisee. How far that is out of your UK to Morzine route depends where you’re crossing the Channel/North Sea. We use Hull-Rotterdam/Zeebrugge and distances/timings work well: Morzine/PdS-Titisee and Titisee-Zeebrugge both comfortable day journeys even with young kids.

Quite touristy but plenty non-biking to do. Lake’s good for paddleboarding, etc. Nice traffic-free walking and cycling. Badeparadies Schwarzwald huge indoor/outdoor swimming pool/waterpark complex. Todtnau 25mins away has a bike park with uplift if you feel the need, mountain coaster etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.