Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pivot mach 5.7C
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay guys,

been looking for my first Full suss bike. got a orange crush at the moment but looking for a slightly differant bike to the everyday 5 you see on the trail.

i have narrowed my search down to :

Mondraker foxy R / RR
    Transition Covert (build 1)
    and Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon

does anyone know a good place to test a Mach? and a good dealer?

also anyone got one on here that could give me a good day to day account of how it is to live with?

Regards

Chris

wrecker
    Free Member

Skyline at afan have an alloy one i think. Give them a call.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Not sure if they have the 5.7 carbon as a demo ??? but Flying Fox in Alva are stockists and seem to be able to get hold of demo bikes if you ask (for those north of the border). Website here.

I love my 5.7, its an awesome bike. Hard to explain, but it really doesn’t feel like a big travel bike, until it really needs to be. There is no noticable ‘bob’ or bounce over the small stuff, but then when you hit something big it just floats over. It climbs nicely too.

I love rocky technical riding and the pivot is perfect, but I know others who also rave about theirs for more full on down hill as well.

My pretty pivot apologies for the crud catcher 😳

EDIT: Flying Fox also stock Transition if you wanted to compare the two!

mmannerr

I have a 5.7 (AL) as well and it is really a great bike for my riding. It does not suit all riders as it is more xc-feeling than some want and there are some design choices (bb, fd, shock choices and cable routing) which are hit or miss depending on how you look at things.

Mine has blown shock, fork and Reverb at the moment so this review is not as glowing as it could be. 🙁
    I wouldn’t recommend Fox 32 fork on it in any case, it deserves Deville / RC3 Ti or maybe a 34 Fox.

crush83
    Free Member

i am definately gonna have to get a test ride!

as i said its my first full suss and im also trying to decide wether to get one ”do all” bike or keep the orange crush for just comuting, the odd local ride and keep the FS for bigger stuff

crush83
    Free Member

Nice pic flowerpower

womble321
    Free Member

Have a you checked out the Intense Carbine instead i have one & love it only 27lbs with a high spec.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I always fit a crud catcher for technical or DH riding.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Pivot Mach 5.7 is the best bike I have ever ridden. Simples. Flying Fox have tons of demo bikes too (or at least they did a few days ago).

crush83
    Free Member

i have been in touch with skyline cycles at afan.

i am gonna do a day there soon and test a few bikes inc the 5.7C

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pivot mach 5.7C’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM