Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • pitch with 36s?
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

thinking of a pitch when the 2010 ones come out. thinking abotu swapping the weakish link with some fox 36. anyone done this?

Dango
    Free Member

A mate has, its a sweet bike, I have 36's on my Enduro too, really transformed it 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

The forks are fine its the wheels brakes and shock that are the week links on my 09 comp.

forge197
    Free Member

the coil Pikes that come standard on the comp are very good, I have some 36's but don't think I'd change them on the pitch, I did replace the shock, brakes and wheels already though 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

silk purse, sow's ear ?

forge197
    Free Member

Not at all, rides well but for the price point compirmises are made so sell those bits and replace what you want.

I_Ache
    Free Member

TLR just because its cheap doesnt make it crap.

I_Ache
    Free Member

In fact I always say that the average MTBR wouldnt be able to tell the difference between a Pitch and a £3k+ wonderbike.

forge197
    Free Member

I_Ache I find the Pitch better in many ways than the Five's I used to own, and they were considerably more expensive!!

If it was called the Ragley mmmSheep or On One Winter no one would mind a bit that it was cheap….

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thats true.

To be honest my main point of reference for a £3k bike is a 5AM. I really dont think its any better performing than the pitch well now Ive changed the shock anyway.

st

I've got coil U turn Lyriks on my Pitch and it's great, have them set at 140 ish for general stuff and wind them to 160 for mucking about and that.

I like the Pitch every bit as much (an probably more with more riding) as the Hemlock I owned last year.

Looking forward to taking it to Verier at the end of next month.

forge197
    Free Member

I had the Five with 130/140 and 160mm forks over the course of a 2005 and 2007 year frame set so am comparing it with that also.

Lyriks must be great on the Pitch, got a set but they are for another project 🙂

The value of the bike is irrelavent it's the grin on the trails that matters 😀

Tracey

st
    when are you out in Verbier, we are out from the 1st to the 14th

Tracey

flamejob
    Free Member

Do it.

It is the best bike I have owned.

Regardless of brand, price or genre.

36TALAS and full XT

robhughes
    Free Member

ah the old fox, pike trick.like your style.

tomcrow99

I've got Vanilla R 36's on my Comp. Transformed the bike, for me anyway. It always felt a little bit steep with the Pikes. Still climbs OK. The 36mm stantions make a big difference in stiffness. The Van's are super plush, though I mainly went for them as they were the "Budget" model, in some respects I wish I'd got the Talas but couldn't afford the extra £££ at the time.

Here's another question.. How much difference will changing the X-Fusion for a RP23 make? Is it worth the £300 odd quid the upgrade will cost?

grumm
    Free Member

I'm gonna try this at some point I reckon. I like the Pikes but I found in the Alps a little extra travel would have been nice.

flamejob
    Free Member

ah the old fox, pike trick.like your style.

😉

In retrospect I would have gone for Vanillas as when I ride it on 140mm now it feels weird and I think I am too light to get real plushness from the TALAS system. I also think the RC2 is a waste of money too. Cheaper = better in this instance!

The Fox shock on mine has been hammered and is still smiling. It is an amazing bit of kit; something that I would never change for a coil/DHX/whatever.

This is an interesting variant on the whole Pitch thing:

Southern Downhill thread

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘pitch with 36s?’ is closed to new replies.