Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pitch comp – How hard can it be ridden?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

As the pitch pro’s are out of stock a friend is most likely going to be getting a pitch comp. Would it be quite happy in morzine for a week while for the rest of the year it does trail centres such as cwncarn with a bit of liteish uk dh – forest of dean with the odd trip to cwmcarn dh

hugorune

It’s the same frame with slightly cheaper bits.

Buy the comp and upgrade the shock to an RP2 and you’ll have the same bike with a slightly cheaper drive train – which you can upgrade when you wear it out

steve_b77
    Free Member

Having owned one I’d say pretty much anythign the UK can throw at it, and a trip to the alps would be it’s ideal play ground

mikewsmith
    Free Member

probably more than the rider can trow it against

Coyote
    Free Member

Brother-in-law in Canada as just bought one as his ‘XC’ bike. It seems to be holding up rather well…

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Brilliant, the responses I wanted to hear. I’m going to recommend the rear shock upgrade if he can ever afford it but coming from a hardtail he may not feel he needs an upgrade there till it dies.

mk1fan
    Free Member

During our first year in Morzine our guide’s bike broke and he borrowed my mate’s Hardrock Comp (he’d brought it for his mrs to use but she didn’t) for the day. Just swapped the tyres over and away he went. Stood up really well. So the Pitch Comp will be fine. If they can afford it, I’d change the shock though. The OE Spesh item is faffy to set-up. A Van R would compliment the coil Pikes very nicely, although my friend went for a large aircan RP23 and is loving it on his Pitch Comp.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pitch comp – How hard can it be ridden?’ is closed to new replies.