Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pipedream Sirius Disappointment
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I've just had news from Pipedream that there will be no 853 Sirius's until April.

All those with pre-orders (like me) had better reappraise your options.
    😥

MrAgreeable

Two months isn't that long to wait, surely? Whatever happened to deferred gratification? 😉

Leku
    Free Member

I baled on my pre-order last week. Shame really was I was looking forward to getting it.

Sounds like they keep getting pushed to the back of the factory queue.

karnali
    Free Member

i nearly went for one of those in nov when i was told they would be around mid dec, pleased i went fora scandal now that owuld have been 5 and half months of no hardtail to ride, i think hey'll be nice when they arrive but a good 2nd hand soul is the same money

PJay
    Free Member

Yep, pretty disappointed about this. I had my pre-order in in December (or possible late November) when they were suppose to land that month. It was a bit of a shock as the last I'd heard the frames were in the paintshop. I want to get cross with someone about it but, to be fair, it doesn't sound like there's much that the guys at Pipedream can do about it. They are offering deals on the ti. Sirius for people with a bit more cash.

I guess that I shall just have to wait a bit longer, I got a good pre-order price and, if the frames are well welded, they should still be worth the wait.

cxi
    Free Member

What's the deal on the Ti Sirius?

PJay
    Free Member

There was something in the email about pre-order customers being able to contact them for deals on the ti. Sirius (I assume the new ones with sliding dropouts).

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Although it'd be nice, the price for the Ti Sirius is still above my budget to be honest. A handy way to increase turnover from some frustrated folk though.

A second hand Cotic Soul would would be very nice, but they're hardly common.

jfeb
    Free Member

Interesting that they are doing a Ti version again. I really liked the old Ti Pipedream I used to have although I know there were some issues with some frames breaking. It was quite a hooligan of a frame and not at all like you might expect a ti frame to ride. I suspect the new ones will be more "normal".

How much were the pre-orders for the 853 frame, by the way? Even at £295 it is a good price.

PJay
    Free Member

I got my pre-order in fairly quickly (before the 853s were advertised I think) so got quite a good deal, there was a bit of a price hike a little while in but I got in before this and Pipedream are honouring the initial quote. I should be paying around £250 for mine, so I'm going to hang on for the duration (well, until April, if the get put back again then I'd have to think).

The ti. bikes look lovelly and I might just be able to stretch to one, but for me I think they'd be too expensive. It might sound silly but I'd possibly be too nervous to enjoy riding one, I couldn't afford to break one, with steel there'd be the reassurance of knowing that there was money left in the bank for a replacement if needs be. Anyway, I think that the Kawasaki green 853s should look great.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I waited 4 months or so for my 853 Inbred. MTFU!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pipedream Sirius Disappointment’ is closed to new replies.