Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Pimp mah freakin’ ride…. Ultimate bike transportation device; Watcha got?
  • bullheart
    Free Member

After months of hard saving, tomorrow I will be picking up my new set of wheels; A Vauxhall Combo crew van. All my research has led me to believe that this really is the ultimate bike carrying motor.

Diesel, 5 seater, room for three bikes in t’back (with seats up; 5 with ’em down), sliding doors.

Oh yeaaahhhh…

I know that this thread will be invaded by the T4/T5 posse, but show me the vehicles you regard as the best for the job.

crikey
    Free Member

Fiat multipla.

3 seats in the front, 6 bikes in the back…
    3 in front, 1 in back, 4 bikes in the back…
    3 in front, 2 in back, 3 bikes in the back…
    3 in front, 3 in back, 2 bikes in the back….

Done it all…

eth3er
    Free Member

you are ashamed of showing picture of multipla aren’t you crikey and also you drive it with a brown bag over your head donch’ya. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

MX5 – 2 folk, 2 bikes on back, drives like a go kart.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Fiat Scudo 6 seater with pimped out tinted windows in the back.

druidh
    Free Member

Another Uglipla owner . . .

This is the only photo I can come up with tho…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Volvo V70 2.5Tdi

Thread closed

ton

work transit
    18 bikes at a push

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I just sold my combo 🙁 Owned it for a year but decided to get a big estate for a little more comfort on long journeys. I’m issing it already, its a fantastic little van, cheap to run, super practical and surprisingly fun to drive. You will not regret the purchase!

hot_fiat

my malaria in surfmobile

and bike transport modes

I can’t work out what to replace it with.

lister

^^^ha ha <points at the funny man’s funny car>

dtp555
    Free Member

seats 5 and takes 5 bikes. best thing I ever bought. Apart from my bikes of course!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

A big bus – a 4×4 VW T3 Syncro Caravelle powered by a Subaru 2.2 motor.
    Seats 8, 4 bike son the back and 4 on the roof.
    Or 8 boards on the roof and kit in the boot.
    Back seat fold to a double bed and the inside reconfigures with 5 seats round a table.

Algore
    Free Member

A6 Avant will be here soon. Company car so no need to worry about muddy bikes.

But if it was my money,,,, I’d go 10yr old Volve V70R estate. Roomy, 4wd, fast but most importantly stealthy. Don’t want to stand out once I cross the seven bridge into Wales.

Always choose leather seats for wipe clean benefits.

Stoner
    Free Member

🙂

hot_fiat

^^^ha ha <points at the funny man’s funny car>

Says the man who drives a Rover 45 in a floppy hat, trench coat and shades.

steveh

VW LT35 long wheel base van with race van conversion.

Seats 5 (legally), 10 bikes (8 without removing a wheel), sleeps 3 on beds, kitchen area, power, tv/dvd etc. Most useful vehicle ever!

chvck
    Free Member

My Mitsubishi, erm, space star doesn’t do too badly; can fit 3 people and 3 bikes in it plus kit and it’s not exactly a big car! Also gets a reasonable 45 MPG on the welsh roads with 3 bikes + 3people, I hate having bikes attached outside the car so that kinda helps there too!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Volvo V70 estate with 4WD and a lumping great turbocharged engine.

Quick, fun, and huge boot.

MPG? Ah, yes, right. Erm, nothing to see here, carry on.

Hairychested
    Free Member

1999 Pug 406 1.9TD estate – 2 adults, 1 baby, 2 bikes, Hamax, wife’s handbag (laaaaarge), two rucksacks, spare clothing, water, load of CD’s, tonnes of rubbish. 50mpg on average, £1000 to buy.
    or
    1999 Polo 1.9 diesel – 1 adult, 1 bike, a few clothes, no space for a fart left so no wife/partner/kid(s) to bother you.

DickBarton

My Fiat Bravo Sport does alright – 3 on the roof and 3 bodies inside. I’m going to get rid of it and get another Berlingo – new style one though – it was the dog’s dangles…

bullheart
    Free Member

Picked it up today.

Blindin’!

Just picked the missus up from the pub, and although she’s pissed, stated that she was ‘feeling tearful she was so happy…’

Tragic and beautiful…

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Fully loaded smax with thule g5 on detachable tow bar lush

gusamc
    Free Member

Does this qualify

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310144024706

Otherwise Pug 306 diesel, 55mpg, 2 people, 2 bikes, weeks luggage plus full camping gear (all inside)

Sancho
    Free Member

I have the old MBUK SCOTT VW T4 which has been mint for the past few years, but now looking for a Vito, in an unashamed plug, is anyone interested in a LWB VW T4 V Reg?

steveh

Sanchez don’t do it get another Transporter or you’ll be very disappointed. T5 time now i reckon!

flamejob
    Free Member

3 bikes, 3 people with this massive mover

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Got the same as dtp555 except in silver. I also went for the LWB and factory bulkhead. 5 people in total luxury with room in the back for 5 bikes easily. Oh and i have a thule towbar rack as well for when i want to take all the camping gear with the 5 bikes as well.

Rear is getting load lock fitted to hold bikes securely whilst being transported

timber

just got rid of a toyota hiace as it’s been a while since I’ve had to take 20 bikes anywhere with me, kinda miss it, but sensible head said change it, just pushing a lot of air around

MrGrim

Mazda6 TS2 2.0 Estate. Goes ok and back seats fold flat. All the length if not the height of an MPV with some stylish looks 🙂

rogerthecat – That is brilliant

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Pimp mah freakin’ ride…. Ultimate bike transportation device; Watcha got?’ is closed to new replies.