Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pike or Pike?
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

As I’m planning to get back from the World of Manitou into Rock Shox need to ask few questions to be up to speed.

2020 models claims to be oh-so superb and ultimate – no pun intended – but they are rather on the steep side of pricing.

So I have on offer 2019 Debon Air RCT3 model or 2020 Select for roughly same money.

First one: 2019 RCT3 or 2020 Select?
    Second one: Maybe it is worth splashing more for 2020 Ultimate, especially with R2 Bikes competitive pricing…

All models I’m considering are for 29er.

Cheers!
    I.

devash
    Free Member

Real world differences – not a lot so unless you have to have the latest model I would personally save some cash and go 2019.

nedrapier

and you can do some of the upgrade to Ultimate at first service with the sooper dooper frictionless seals and the sooper dooper magic oil.

frogstomp

I may be wrong, but I think the 2019 will have the Charger2 damper whereas the 2020 Select is the base model and only has the old Charger v1 damper (so the 2019 should be betterer).

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m not sure what the general reliability of the new Pike forks is like.

There’s a post here from a few weeks back with someone having to return a set as they were knocking. I’ve had the same with mine as well, started knocking after two rides then they got stuck down halfway in the travel. Not great for a brand new fork!

dove1

Pike RCT3 for sale on Sport Pursuit.
    They don’t say what year they are though. Maybe give them a call for more details?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thanks!

The one I’m eyeing is Debon Air, one from SportPersuit looks to be pre-Debon Air, as described Solo-Air.

Will probably go with 2019 then and invest in the future during service.

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pike or Pike?’ is closed to new replies.