Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pike coils
  • csb

Not to be confused with 4 candles.

Does anyone know whether the 426 Pike U-turn coils that come as OE on bikes would accomodate all weights of rider?

thomthumb
    Free Member

normally a standard (medium) spring. 11-12 stoneish rider weight.

csb

OK then, anyone bought a Marin with Pike 426 coil U-turns fitted who is 13+stone?

Did you need a new spring?

retro83
    Free Member

13.5 stone and find the firm a little too soft, x-firm is about right. The MoCo damper offers enough adjustment for heavier riders without changing oil weight.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’d say you proably would it really depends on the bike, rider, style and terrain. I am 12 stone and i’m toying with the idea of changing the spring in my pike 426’s (on a meta 55).

new springs about £40. get the bike shop to do it if you need it; should be part of the deal imo.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OK then, anyone bought a Marin with Pike 426 coil U-turns fitted who is 13+stone?

Did you need a new spring?

It’s no use asking other people – You gotta try it yourself first. 🙂
    Check the static sag (Sat on bike, not moving) and look for about 30mm, so it sits at around the 110mm mark on the leg for a start
    RS spring weight recommendations can be a bit out. Technically I should be on an X-firm spring, but the standard medium is only a bit too soft for me and I’m hoping a firm will be about right.

Give it a few rides before you decide, let it bed in a bit and see how it feels to you.

takisawa2

Your on the Medium / Firm threshold mate.
    Run a bit more compression damping if they feel a bit soft.
    I wouldn’t lash out £40 unless you’ve tried it.
    I’m 16st on an X-Firm.
    There wasn’t much difference between the Medium I took out & the X-Firm thats in there now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pike coils’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM