Pictures of your Birds….

Home Forum Bike Forum Pictures of your Birds….

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Pictures of your Birds….
  • Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Your Zero TR’s that is please 😀

Have just ordered one and am excited !

sirromj

Ok. What colour is yours? Don’t think I’ve already posted these pics here. Did you get to do the demo ride before you purchased?

Did 36 miles in two rides today. Just ultra tame XC unfortunately as didn’t have transport for the good stuff.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Nice pics ! Mine is candy blue, fairly basic spec, no demo as none nearby but researched the geo compared to my current bikes and had a chat with Ben at Bird on a few things, very helpful he was too !

Premier Icon joemmo
    Subscriber

Wot no Aerises? Boo.

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Any Birds are accepted 😀

hainman

Have ye joined the Owners page on FB

mark90

Any Birds are accepted

In that case, here’s a fine brace…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21BHg4J]2017-11-18_06-52-30[/url]

I so want to replace my 26 hardtail with a TR, but apparently the family want a Christmas 😕

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

hainman, didn’t know there was one, will do so now 😀 Gotta link ?

Premier Icon joemmo
    Subscriber

Here’s my One20 failing to blend into the natural environment.

Premier Icon joebristol
    Subscriber

Love that blue colour the 120 comes in – would have loved my 145 in that colour (or the green that was out of stock at the time).

Still, I also love the orange luckily.

wibe

This is mine Zero TR. Had my first test run in the Swedish forests yesterday! Such a great bike!

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

^^^ can’t see image ?

Premier Icon charliew
    Subscriber

A bike packing Bird!

wibe

Hers is the pic! Why is it impossible to get images to work!!!

wibe

Last try for a better pic!

malv173

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21FvTfa]Bird at wharncliffe crags[/url] by Gavin Williams, on Flickr

The best birthday present I have ever received! The bike is a beast! Unlike me. I’m more of a mouse. But it is a lot of fun riding this beautiful thing!

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

wibe – that looks great, very similar to the one I have coming I think, which forks ?

wibe

iainc it’s the yari RC fork. Drivetrain GX Eagle and SRAM DB5 brakes… so pleased so far

Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

Lovely, I’ve gone Yari and candy blue with slx/xt and Reverb. Same wheels and new tyres as you i think

wibe

iainc I hope you get satisfied! Sounds like a great combo of components. I will invest in a reverb until next season. Today the snow is falling back here in Sweden

Premier Icon joemmo
    Subscriber

Hej Wibe – this is a bit off topic but do you know of anywhere near Malmo where it is possible to hire a mountain bike and ride? I travel to Sweden quite often with my job and it would be cool to stay for a weekend and see some more of the country by bike. Cheers

wibe

joemmo: i am not from that part of Sweden but I managed to find http://bikefix.se/. It’s probably a couple of miles (Swedish) outside Malmo but you might get the bus there or rent a car to go there

Premier Icon joemmo
    Subscriber

Thanks Wibe, that looks like a good option. I’ll be in Sweden in January again so will see if I can get the time to visit.

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Just above Rossthwaite coming over from Wattendlath

Here’s my Aeris 120 getting it’s maiden outing at Caesar’s Camp today. First decent ride after picking it up from Bird HQ on Friday morning.

tdog

A bird, bloke and a happy ending, what’s more to love!

jayx2a

Anyone using the NX 1×11 on the TR as it would be all I could afford if I got one!

muttley109

Yep, I’ve got nx11. 18months abuse and it’s still going strong.

markshires

I might swell chip in with a picture of my bird, overlooking Ladybower a couple of weeks back.

Or maybe not can’t the image to work on my phone.

A repost of pics from my Aeris 120’s maiden voyage around Caesar’s Camp yesterday. Apparently my last ones fell foul of STW image posting curse…

Premier Icon joemmo
    Subscriber

^^ Nice – though you’ve missed an opportunity to go full Hope with some orange headset spacers 🙂

joemmo: figured I’d save the money for a T5 to drive it to the trail centre in 😉

markshires

Try Again

Nope still nothing… Any one know why you can’t post an image from google images??? Anyway it’s here,
    Click Here if the above doesn’t work!

Looking unusually clean! That’s when it had a 140mm fork and Cane Creek Angleset. It now has 150mm up front and a zero stack Hope headset. And it predates the imploding Zee mech and replacement with an SLX.

Premier Icon joemmo
    Subscriber

joemmo: figured I’d save the money for a T5 to drive it to the trail centre in

a wise choice. I do like the grey finish on the one20 and it does give you more scope for tarting up with a few colourful bits.

mark90

Never go #FullHope. A few little touches of colour keep it tasteful 🙂

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

Cheifgrooveguru that is a tasty bike.

The lawn though….

Dango

Just built but not ridden

tpbiker

Looking at the 145..m/l looks ridiculously long.. But not sure if I’d regret the shorter medium once the industry decides its the way to go. Also.. I have tiny arms.. Anyone got one in Edinburgh I could sit on?

How does it climb?

mark90

How tall are you tpbiker? The 145 doesn’t feel as long as it looks on paper.

My friend with a 145 is 5’7″ and rides an ML with 35mm stem. She also tried the M, which also fit. The small jumps in sizes mean often two bikes will fit, giving you a choice, or a dilemma, depending on how you look at it. Equally people up to around 5’10” seem happy on an ML.

I’m also 5’7″ and would go for the ML having ridden both the M and ML. When I demoed the 145 Ben said he’d put me on an ML when he saw me, and he was right. I currently ride a M in the old model Aeris as there was no ML size, just M or L.

If you’re unsure try to get a demo or at least speak to the guys at Bird.

tpbiker

5.9 with short arms.. And legs

The seat tube is fine in either size however..

Current reach on bike is 425 mm, so throwing 60mm on that is something I’m struggling to get my head round.. Even if I lose 15*mm off my stem.

I can see how it would benefit full on flat out descending.. But im a mincer who would use it mainly on red and black trail centres.. I have a downhill bike for my alpine adventures so this may be too much of bike

mark90

Arguably a 120 might be better suited to that use, but the sizing is still pretty much the same. The 120 pedals even better than the 145 and the 145 pedals well.

Personally I like the long reach, plenty of room and don’t feel over the front of the bike on steeps. But with the steep seat angle it doesn’t feel long when seated, and that helps it climb well too.

Try to get a demo. I wasn’t convinced on paper/numbers originally, especially comparing to the short bike I had previously.

Premier Icon joemmo
    Subscriber

Tpbiker – yes, maybe the 120 would be a better choice for that kind of thing. I also wondered what it would feel like with the reach on the ML but it’s absolutely fine, no sense of being over stretched or badly positioned.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.