Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pictures and dibs?
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

Can I ask if this is normal, I advertised something for sale , Unused and still in packaging, someone wants pictures of it but also puts “dibs if pictures ok”

WTF is that all about in my mind I think really you need a picture of it? Or is it just Pinkbike.

scotroutes

If new and unused, I don’t much see the point. However, I guess it does at least prove you have the items. Less of a risk with a long-established forumite of course.

As for dibs – grow up! First to pay gets the goods.

shermer75
    Free Member

As for dibs – grow up! First to pay gets the goods.

That’s how I see it too

philxx1975
    Free Member

However, I guess it does at least prove you have the items

Ah I had not thought of this.

nickjb
    Free Member

First to pay gets the goods

What do you do? Have everybody that is interested post you a cheque and see which one arrives first? Or maybe see open up your bank account and see which PayPal transaction went through first? Dibs is a little childish but does the job. Better to post on the thread than do secret deals on emails. First post on the thread to claim it gets it (as long as payment follows soon after)

scotroutes

Aye. If someone says “I’ll have it” then they are at the front of the queue whether they are the first or tenth responder. “Dibs” is meaningless.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Personally I always thought it was the chap who came up with the readies, OH such is the confusion of the internet way of sales.

Dickyboy

in my mind I think really you need a picture of it?

since receiving a pair of surly instigator forks instead of 1×1 forks I always ask for a picture as it can save quite a bit of mucking about further down the line

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pictures and dibs?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM