Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Photoshop help… Montage.
  • belgianbob

It's official: I'm rubbish with anything not traditionally 'photographic' in Photoshop.
    In particular, I have no idea how to do montage type work, and although I've tried teaching myself, I find everything in the software looks the same, and that's very confusing to us dyslexics. Oh, and the Martin Evening books are just as bad, IMHO.

However, I have a shoot coming up which will *need* some montage work, and I'm a bit close to bricking it…

Can anyone point me in the direction of a simple to understand tutorial on the montage technique for making the same subject appear multiple times in a photo. Y'know, like the multiples images of a flying BMXer on his trajectory through the air.

All help very much appreciated!

Nick.

rs
    Free Member

you have the photos on different layers behind each other then rubs bits out to show the other riders, I did it once but can't remember exactly how, i know that didn't help much 🙂

belgianbob

RS, yep, I know that 😀
    The helpful bit, as you rightly point out, would be a set of instructions on 'how to'…
    😉

GrahamS

It's called a "sequence shot". Google it and you'll find a ton of tutorials.

Here's a simple one:

How to Create Action Sequences in Photoshop

coffeeking
    Free Member

Was there not a free piece of software put on here some time ago that takes all of your shots and makes the sequence for you, even with base frame movement?

GrahamS

Oh and when you are actually taking the shots it will be easier later if you fix the exposure and use a tripod. That way you won't have to faff about lining up and adjusting the brightness of the different shots.

GrahamS

One I did ages ago (2004) that appeared on the BBC News "Your Pictures" site:

Amusingly they captioned it:
    "Graham Stewart took this colour co-ordinated and well balanced snap of snowboarders at the Nevis Range Ski resort"

Erm.. yeah, I got seven of my mates to put on identical clothes and ride a rail at the same time 🙄

belgianbob

Yep, I'll be using a tripod for sure. It's not going to be bike related at all, as I'm photographing in a theatre, so there'll be no wind blowing my tripod about, just nice, steady shooting…
    I'll have a look at that link, thanks Graham.

belgianbob

Thanks Graham, that's really simple, even I could probably do it.
    I'm going to do a quick test and see if I can get it working before next week… give my client something to look at!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Photoshop help… Montage.’ is closed to new replies.