Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Personal locator app..which one?
  • benjii19
    Free Member

Best app for iPhone for your loved ones to follow should you get eaten by wolves in the woods?.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Find my phone with a shared password here….

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Motion x with automatic position updates.

luffy105
    Free Member

Vismo has just been released in the App Store and has a free trial period ATM. Only a couple of days though. Works with iOS, android, Bberry and Iridium sat phones.

Solid tracking and the ability to send a panic alert. Heve to hold my hand up and admit that it’s a sister company to the one I work for though. Just search Vismo in the App Store.

Russell96

I use Buddy Beacon on ViewRanger, just a good plus on top of a good mapping App

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Endomondo does live tracking.

Drac

Motion X
    Buddy Beacon

Or the standard Find My Friends App that comes with iOS as standard. Then there’s no need to give out your password.

Dango
    Free Member

Road ID

Sends a text or mail to a predetermined contact if you are stationary for a while, can be cancelled if you are just stopped and haven’t had your face smashed off

Another good feature is that you can have your loved one/next of kin contact details or any other info you want on your locked screen (iPhone) blood type?

Give it a go, it’s free

poonprice
    Free Member

Just use Find My Friends on iPhone. You can setup alerts when they leave or arrive at certain locations.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That Road ID sounds just like what I want but I’m on android rather than iPhone. Does anyone know of an android version? I’d like something that displays the info on the lock screen.

hora
    Free Member

Worse my girlfriend says shes going out with the girls but I think she goes to Travel lodge stalker app…. 😆

Dango
    Free Member

It wouldnt be hard to type all the contact detail stuff you want in word, paint, excel, PPT or whatever, screenshot, save to jpeg and save on your phone as a locked image

A nerd will be along shortly to explain that better 🙂

dknwhy

None of them as they rely on mobile signal which you don’t often get in the real wilderness.
    I have a Spot Tracker. Expensive and not always perfect but more coverage than a phone.

Drac

Dango – Member
    It wouldnt be hard to type all the contact detail stuff you want in word, paint, excel, PPT or whatever, screenshot, save to jpeg and save on your phone as a locked image

Notes ->> Type in your info ->> Press home and lock button together ->> Photos select the notes pic as lock screen.

Or just carry a plasticised bit of paper with some details on as they can’t get smashed when you crash. Better than all this ICE rubbish that we don’t look for.

trail_rat
    Free Member

If the doctors really need to know it ( allergies etc ) then a propper medi bracelet

As for folks tracking your rides …… Its a bike ride not a mission to the moon.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Maybe a set of dogtags might be a better idea then if ICE isn’t actually used.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Ive got a RoadID wrist band, covers all the main info including next of kin contact info. Much more comfy than a necklace…

Drac

Allergies and med conditions then yes dog tags med bracelets are great.

DT78
    Free Member

I’m looking for a free version on android. Yes not a mission to the moon, but when you,ve got plans with the other half and you are running late she can just look online rather than phone . Also means tea could be ready for when I get in the door 🙂

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Motion x will send an email every 5 minutes with your position, chances are you won’t have signal when you need it but at least there will some evidence if where you were heading which worst case should narrow the search down.

When riding alone I wear dog tags… If nothing else they will know who to return my belongings to.

scotroutes

Another Spot tracker user here. It may not be perfect but it’s a world better than anything reliant on a phone signal.

matther01
    Free Member

Buddy beacon view ranger +1

Gary_M
    Free Member

Guess it depends what sort of phones the loved ones have but if you all have iPhones you would be as well to find my friends.

stoddys
    Free Member

do all the location apps need wifi to be turned on like find my phone?
    i like the idea of the misses being able to find me if i stack.

find my friends can not use the same email so that wont work, unless someone know a work around as me and my wife have the same apple id.

over to someone who knows more than me.
    ps both got iphones/ipads

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why can’t you just use find my phone then? That finds all devices with the id you login with.

Drac

Find my friends uses data network too not just wifi.

Stoddy’s it can be set to be based on phone number not email my wife’s phone uses my ID for apps and purchases but seperate account details for find my phone.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

For a proper safety net that does not require phone signal or data, the spot gen 3 is pretty good and works of satellite with the option of message sending and SOS
    14 Days battery life from 4 x aaa

Spot Gen 3

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Personal locator app..which one?’ is closed to new replies.