Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • 'People', Car Prangs and liabilities Rant.
  • bails

There’s a difference between not admitting liability at the scene and not telling your insurance company that the collision was your fault.

rocketman
    Free Member

I don’t know the law on responsibility but he should be prepared to stop when reversing right?

As anyone who’s just passed their test will tell you if you’re going backwards you have absolutely no right of way HTH

The only time I’ve settled without involving the insurance was when an old boy overshot a stop line and reversed back into the car. He got out, said how much, I guessed, he gave me the cash out of his wallet and drove off.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This is the problem with half-wits that have no idea about how anything works or what things really cost.

Last year my friends neighbour reversed into our car when we were visiting. He fessed up and promptly offered the ‘outside insurance’ route. He clearly thought it was just body work, but you could see the outline of the slam panel so I wanted it checked properly, refused and went to our insurer. I was right and the cost was considerably higher than expected.

6 months later he got a court summons and started ranting and raving. As far as we can tell, he’d ignored all the letters from our insurance company and not spoken to his insurer either, yet somehow it was our fault and had to put it right.

We copied the most relevant letter for him to see and he sort of went into the background muttering. To this day, he still blames our insurer, but we have an audit trail of letters telling us all about the progress of the case from our insurer.

Some people are just tools.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘'People', Car Prangs and liabilities Rant.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM