• This topic has 18 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by vd.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Penmachno going to be ok tomorrow…..
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

Going to be riding there tomorrow, is it in an ok state?

street
    Free Member

I hope so as I’m going down on Sunday! I haven’t been there for about 6 months and am missing it badly!

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I’m exactly the same street but it’s been about a year!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Very wet I’d imagine!

street
    Free Member

Its always wet there! 😀

Telemaster18
    Free Member

It sure is, great fun though. Just hoping it’s not too grown over.

fairhurst
    Free Member

wet!

But a fantastic place it’s a real hoot! very picturesque some might add.

Sionwms
    Free Member

I was there 2 weeks ago, It’s in good condition at the moment and fairly dry by Penmachno standards… They’ve had trail pixies clearing shrubbery and pot holes on certain sections… 🙂

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Superb cheers for the shout Slonwms. They’re great those trail pixies. I’ll be sure to drop some cash in the box!

street
    Free Member

Thats good to know.. The weather is meant to be fairly decent down there over the weekend too! 🙂

Sionwms
    Free Member

I’ll probably be there tomorrow after I’ve done the Marin if the weather is nice to me 😕

plecostomus
    Free Member

well i am lucky enough to open my living room curtains and see the first climb as for the trail its fine been dry here the last two days but i guess the trails may still be a bit damp. if i wasnt away racing this weekend id show you lots more local stuff close by! oh and drop some $$ in the honesty box it all helps!

Telemaster18
    Free Member

AFTER THE MARIN!!!!! this is my first ride in about a year after breaking my hand and having to sell my bike when I was poor. I’ve now built up a bike which I’m pretty happy with and REALLY looking forward to penmachno tomorrow; it’s one of my favourite trails. I’ll most certainly drop some money in the honesty box, I always have done. Thanks for the offer plecostomus.

street
    Free Member

So how was it today? 😀

Sionwms
    Free Member

Wetter than I expected it to be considering the weathers been dry recently…. But who cares the descents are still awesome!!!

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Oh yeh, it was ace! Hard work though! wetter than I expected.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Penmachno is always wet 🙂

Telemaster18
    Free Member

It is, I thought it would have been a bit drier though. If you saw 3 of us; me pushing up most of the hills and having problems with a red carrera vulcan that was me.

vd

Fantastic yesterday. Wet by trail centre standards but perfectly rideable. Lovely trail. Too long since I last rode. Shows how good it is that I have only good memories despite being caught in horizontal rain in November and when winds on Cadair Idris were reported at 80 mph.

Last ride of the weekend after a day on the Long Mynd and The Beast at CYB.

Great weather and lovely trail.

£2? – thought it worth a fiver plus loose change.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Penmachno going to be ok tomorrow…..’ is closed to new replies.