Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 189 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 3RD 'reclaiming the name'
  • GRAEMEJONES

Yes, that went down well, can’t re-call who made that though 😥

I’ve got some xmas pudding Vodka on the go for the Roman Lakes Pootle on the 18th. 😛

nbt

cp – Member
    Oh dear. Seems I’ve got my December weekends more than a little fecked up. Can’t make it

(Why on earth did I think this was on Dec 18th???????)

You were thinking of the festive pootle

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Hi Chris

Wondering about riding up ‘n over from Hayfield to join up in Edale…or are you heading over Hayfield way?

Cheers
    Paul

Bunnyhop

Thisisnotaspoon – made the gin and tonic cake.

I don’t think we’ll be there tomorrow.
    1, I’m too lazy too get up that early.
    2, nbt is probably working.

Sobbing now about missing Graemes Lancashire Bharji and other goodies.

GRAEMEJONES

There was a Bunnyhop size piece of Brownie as well, tucked away in the bottom of the box, now cut into two smaller pieces 😳

Pook

Evening all,

Just one post from me tonight as I’m off out. Edale car park meet at 8.30am, for some faffing then a ride out generally in an easterly direction. Not going over towards Hayfield.

We’ve got a 16.5 mile loop with three grindy climbs and sprinkling of excellent descents.

There will be cakes aplenty, but sadly I cannot make the pub afterwards as I need to scoot – don’t let that stop you lot!

The weather says ‘Sunny’ (WAHEY!!!) but not warm, so wrap up!

Tyre choice? Something good on rocks.

Two things: I can’t find my link splitter or any spare tubes, so please put some in somebody!

See you in the morning!

😀

PS: and read the Sheffield article on the home page. It’s brilliant.

hora
    Free Member

You are not even going to have a swift pint of that nectar?

twang
    Free Member

there’s no way he’ll resist the call of the ‘otter’….

amodicumofgnar

Not going to make this one either, got some wheel sorting to do

sambob
    Free Member

Weather is GRIM right now, cold, wet and windy. I’m predicting snow tonight, just because it’s a pootle and that’s normally what happens on pootles.

Pook

What are you on about? We’ve never had a snowy pootle.

[video]http://vimeo.com/20437375[/video]

sambob
    Free Member

There was the Jacobs Ladder one too. That’s not really an experience I’d like to repeat, not that I can remember very much of it, I was too busy surviving.

Pook

oh yeah…..and I seem to recall pootle 1 being in snow.

oh well.

windy today folks….grim by the sounds of it. there may be a shortening if it gets ridiculous, but I’ll make the call on the ride.

see you all in a bit

hora
    Free Member

Sam on the second part of Jacobs once there was a snowdrift all the way down the rockytrack. I decided to ride down the steep grassy slope that comes out just before the bottom gate instead 😀

I’m runnin 10mins late.

sambob
    Free Member

Well that was a silly idea wasn’t it Mark. Not too windy here, but probably will be on the tops.

PaulMc
    Free Member

Can’t make it today, got my days mixed up. Doh! Have emailed Chris.

Pook

This is the best snow one I’ve had

[video]http://vimeo.com/8906653[/video]

twang
    Free Member

Blobbed it…

Have an otter for me

MartynS

was about to set off only to find someones been through the garage and had the wifes bike and my CX bike so I’m sorting that out.

great

PaulMc
    Free Member

Bugger. Hope you get it sorted Martin.

nbt

was about to set off only to find someones been through the garage and had the wifes bike and my CX bike so I’m sorting that out.

lucky you were going out today or the absence of those two particular -bikes might not otherwise have been noticed till they next got used, round about April 🙂

Sorry to hear you got done over though, that’s a proper bummer 🙁

sambob
    Free Member

That was awesome. Muddy, cold, soaking wet but awesome.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Thanks for today guys, apologies for my complete lack of fitness.

GRAEMEJONES

You’re Damn right there Sambob 😛 wasn’t too keen on the flurry of Hailstones though 😕 Still, nowt that a soak in a hot bath for an hour hasn’t sorted

sambob
    Free Member

We were in the pub for the hail 😀

slowrider
    Free Member

Great ride folks! Great food graeme! Great route pook! Great willpower Hora!

(there were some caged sheep and hora was definitely thinking depraved thoughts)

GRAEMEJONES

To be fair to Hora 😉 I think the farmer was in front of him with his captive sheep, so he might not have seen them :P, either that or his Turbo didn’t kick in in time before they were let loose.

sambob
    Free Member

Those mexican bhajis were superb, cheers Graeme. Did I miss the BFOs and cheesecake brownies? 😥

GRAEMEJONES

You know who ^^^^^ had one to take home for his Mrs, the cheesecake brownies didn’t all go, brought 5 3 pieces home , you need to be more assertive next time and get in there 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Hmph. You know who stole my chips too. Or maybe Chris. But someone did.

slowrider
    Free Member

My mrs has just made some cheese and chilli scones after I raved about yours graeme!

GRAEMEJONES

R.E ABOVE ^^^^,there’s also chopped walnuts, Dijon mustard and spring onions in there as well.To get the spicy bit in the ones we had to-day I used the Mexican type cheese ( it’s got the bits of red/green peppers and chilli already in it ) HTH 😛
    Enjoy.

Pook

Cheesecake brownies were awesome. Bhajis for tomorrow.

It was a pleasure to lead you all today. Smiles despite the weather. Classic pootle.

Video coming in the next few days.

GRAEMEJONES

You’re more than welcome Chris, one good turn etc, looking forward to the next episode of video .
    😀

lesa
    Free Member

Big thanks to Chris for the Pootle.

Big thanks to Graeme for the food.

A Very big thanks to Graemes friend for letting me have a blast on his Orange Five.

Thanks to everyone else who came along.

Les

hora
    Free Member

Mrshora liked the choccy scone but did say ‘its abit naughty isn’t it’?

I missed the Bhaji’s 🙁

On the first climb when the rain came in – thought I’m shattered. Bugger I just dragged my wet ass round 😀

GRAEMEJONES

Hora, you only missed the Bhajis cos you were first off the carpark to the Pub ! And, you should know by now that the naughty stuff in life is always more fun 😀

Pook

graeme – that cuppa was the highlight for me!

john

Good ride, cheers guys. Nice to actually meet some real people off here, that’s a first for me. Will have to try to make the next one too, if only because I somehow managed to hide from the cake. I think I was trying to do something futile like defrosting my feet.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

ah missed this again, should come on here more often. Hope it was a good one ill av to keep my eyes pealed for next one.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 189 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: DECEMBER 3RD 'reclaiming the name'’ is closed to new replies.