• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Peak route advice pls – Bland and others
  • D0NK

Going to peak district at weekend, I've been told to make sure it's a short route 15-20miles, I've come up with this one from things others on here have said. Any changes/recommendations? How easy/hard is it to follow the track up Burnt Hill/Harry Hut and any alternatives to the A624 back from charlestown.
    Ta

Joe

15-20 miles in the Peak isn't really a short route.

D0NK

Shhhhhhhhh 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Have a look on the bogtrotters site for Hayfield orbital, it takes in some of that route with extra bits to the south but does wthout the Charlestown bit.

monksie
    Free Member

That's a very doable route for most people I would expect. 20 miles further into the Dark Peak would be more tiring.

lowey

Donk, you've got it all wrong!!

Here, I;ve changed it for you to make it a much better ride.

D0NK

hehe cheers lowey but I shall be driving.

lowey

No problem mate, The Little Mill does wonderful accommodation as well as superb cask ale.

My kind of ride!

ps
    when you going ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can drive for you 😆
    Saturday you free?

lowey

Nah mate. Sats are **** for me. This Sunday is also. Biking is taking a real hammering at the moment

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes mine too for a variety of reasons YGM

D0NK

no non beer related route revisions then?

wors

don't go out for a beer with Lowey.

carlos
    Free Member

Drop me your e-mail and I'll scan a route over to you when back in work tomorrow if you fancy our if you can get hold of one http://www.bikemaps.co.uk maps for about 3 quid

Carl

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

FYI, am planning on riding out from Roman Lakes, Marple about 08:30 – 09:00ish Saturday morning to link up with the Boggies Hayfield Orbital route. About 25 miles, 4 hours (less or more…).

🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

ride with the boggies are you kidding we have met that man Barnes you know 😉
    Carlos his e-mail is in profile

amodicumofgnar

My recomendation is stay of Chunal you'll just p+++ the keeper off and sticking a map up on a website isnt really helping.

jonjon

Cant believe i left this route out of The Guide Chunal looks mint! Must be at least 80 years since the gamekeepers had trespassers to contend with.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

ride with the boggies are you kidding we have met that man Barnes you know

Just joining one of the routes they have documented on the website, not one of their rides 🙂 You're welcome to come along.

lowey

Frankly I', stunned that no one has endorsed my route. Bastards.

nbt

To be fair Lowey, although the Little Mill does do a nice pint, it leaves you with a BASTARD post-pint climb out no matter which way you go. Personally I prefer to take the Last Drop to Rowarth (the BW from the 296 spot height) and then climb up the road to partake of refreshments at the pub at the top, can't remember what it's called but they do have a fine cask ale…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Peak route advice pls – Bland and others’ is closed to new replies.