Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pathetic skip dilemma
  • KennySenior
    Free Member

Need a skip, ordered a skip, decided on a 14 cubic yard one, paid for a 14 cubic yard one, realised too late that they’ve dropped off a 12, says 14 on the receipt (filled in by driver after delivery), it’s a weekend hire so by the time I can speak to them that’s my weekend over!

A bit naughty of them, or just Friday afternoon not paying attention, who knows?

It’s marginal if all my stuff will fit. So do I fill it anyway, and if it doesn’t see what they’re going to do to sort it? Or wait until Monday and get them to take it away and bring the correct one? If I can get all my stuff in this one I’ll obviously be happy with the price difference refunded. If it doesn’t, bollocks to paying for a second one.

What would STW do? 🙂

kevj
    Free Member

Fill the skip, take a credit for the difference if you don’t need any further skips. Request additional skip foc if you do.

Pook

Originally use skiptrips.Com

acehtn
    Free Member

Go to town and get everything in it, ram jam it, before nice neighbours decide to fill it on sat&sun nights.

🙂

Still enquire why they sent a small one, suspect someone else out there is really happy to have paid for a 12 but got a 14 and won’t complain about that.

tthew

Beg/borrow a couple of those tonne bulk bags, fill with the extra couple of cube’s and get the skip truck to take them at the same time.

(builders merchants may have a couple of old ones hanging around, our local tip generally have some lying around by the rubble skips)

KennySenior
    Free Member

Yes that sounds best

EDIT Filling it anyway I mean.

I have 7 of those bags anyway, just built a garage base!

woody21
    Free Member

Put some greedy boards in it and fill it

Liftman

Stick a 2CV and some mattresses in it and job done :mrgreen:

cruzcampo
    Free Member

put some old fence panels etc round the edges, give it a single story extension, fill high as a skyscraper, tell the driver to make sure he uses his skip-net 😀

taka
    Free Member

fill the bottom with tires and asbestos

wrightyson
    Free Member

What is a 12 or 14 yd skip? Never in all my building years have I come across owt other than 8/9.
    Did you measure it btw?

njee20
    Free Member

Have you not come across Google either? It’ll change your life.

Fill it, make them provide additional capacity FOC if required.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cubic yards wrightyson.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Yes, cubic yards. I have measured it – after I spotted a crudely soldered “12 yd” on the side of it!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yes I appreciate the skip sizes but I’ve never seen any skip company other than for recycling metals/rimber etc using bigger than 8 or 9 yrd’s.
    Mainly because you get fellas like me filling them to the brim with all manner of shit and then they can’t be lifted by your average skip lorry.

njee20
    Free Member

So you have come across things other than 8/9? Good bit of back tracking. Well done

project
    Free Member

You may find if you fill it to full, the driver will gently place considerately the over stock from your his skip on your drive, some skip ;gv,s also have on board weighing equipment, and again any overweight will be left.

jamesey
    Free Member
    wrightyson
    Free Member

No we’ve always done demo jobs using 8/9 yd skips 🙄
    Never use closed roll n offs for asbestos, never used high sided skips for scrap steel/sheets etc. I know **** all you’re right!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pathetic skip dilemma’ is closed to new replies.