Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Party food
  • z1ppy

We tend to lock ourselves in on Boxing day now and ignore everyone & eat stuff that you can throw in the oven for 15/20 mins. As the inlaws don’t share there xmas dinner left overs, not that we leave a lot….

Which super market are doing anything decent?
    I’ve tend to use Sainsbury’s until late, but a new smart Tesco’s has opened locally.. Sainsbury’s stuff was ok but nothing special. Much better then then rubbish I got the year before, mistakenly thinking Waitrose would be quality.

tomhoward

M&S usually have good snack stuff, not looked this year yet though.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Iceland or Farmfoods.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

+1 for M&S.

Their christmas food is normally really good and not the usual old crap.

jekkyl

the questions have gone right downhill on stw this morning. Some cyclists are having trouble buying anything without consulting the hive.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve heard somewhere that mums go to Iceland

z1ppy

good point, unluckily our local M&S food is in Merryhell (literally hell at this time of year).. hang on there might be one in Kiddy…

z1ppy

David/aP I have shopped there in the past, when I was single and had no concept of ‘nice food’ & very little money. Now I’m not slagging them, as for the price it was great but I’m looking for something a little better, unless things have turn around dramatically

Yekkyl, why? I’m after a recommendation in a the “off-topic” forum, dunno about you but I don’t visit all the supermarkets to try them out 😛

theotherjonv

I paas an Iceland on the way in to work every day, and never paid it much attention, because clearly I’m better than that 😉

However – stuck in traffic this am, my eye was drawn to the ad in the window for duck spring rolls, at £1 for 10.

So two questions really – how bad could they possibly be? and second – is it permissable to go in and spend only £1? (I could buy more but the problem is i need to get them home, cooked and eaten and all evidence destroyed before the wife finds out. Otherwise the 30 piece Indian snack selection would also be in danger)

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting a shoulder of pork and sticking it in the slow cooker on Christmas morning then having pulled pork sandwiches in warmed baguettes on Boxing Day. Not quite 20 minutes, but total ‘chef’ input will still be <20 minutes…

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

the questions have gone right downhill on stw this morning. Some cyclists are having trouble buying anything without consulting the hive.

I thought this was quite a good one, in comparison to the ‘What bog seat?’ thread. 😆

jekkyl

iceland have a whole section of party food, but I’d describe it like sorta ‘tat’ food, the quality isn’t great, sorta squishy, sorta fishy with some sort of cheese/spicy filling.

pondo

I’m thinking of getting a shoulder of pork and sticking it in the slow cooker on Christmas morning then having pulled pork sandwiches in warmed baguettes on Boxing Day

“Like”

I have limited Iceland experience, but I must confess it was very positive – we bought a rakeload of burgers for a BBQ and they were spot on, still got a few strays navigating the freezer and when I’ve hoovered all of them up, we’ll be going back for more.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Iceland or Farmfoods.

This. “Party Food” = shite sold in massive bags in an equally massive freezer at a store advertised by some z-list ‘celebrity’ with a fake tan.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Party food’ is closed to new replies.