Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Parking fine options!?
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Parked on monday when it was incredibly wet and windy, and came back to find a PCN (from the council) and the ticket I’d bought had (i presume) blown onto the floor of the car when i shut the door or something.

Option 1 – pay the discount 25 quid fine
    Option 2 – wait for the 50 quid notice to come through the door and challenge it officially.

I’ve already sent them a copy of the ticket and they’ve rejected my claim saying the inspector checked all the windows so it obviously wasn’t on display.

Is there any point in challenging this?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Similar thing happened to my wife.

They wrote back saying she should have attached it to the window. She then wrote back again saying that their tickets couldnt be attached to a window ie no sticky side.

She was let off.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

well, i’m going to challenge it anyway. It just says “place on dashboard” and theres no adhesive. what a pointless waste of time this all is.

ski
    Free Member

This!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWKnPyyPk6c[/video]

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t honestly know, but unless they have a photo of every single window not showing the ticket I imagine you could take the “it was on display, he clearly didn’t look hard enough” tack – as you have a valid ticket.

greeble
    Free Member

you have a valid ticket for the time the fine was given. keep appealing and you will get let off.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Go for the non adhesive one but I think you’ll be surprised about photos, they do tend to take a picture for every ticket they now issue.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I thought windscreen and driver’s window were only places you could display a ticket? Our local traffic people certainly take pictures of those, and of wheels overhanging white lines etc etc.

Mrs j sent in her ticket in exact same circumstances (correct location and bought well before ticket was issued) and the council’s line was that displaying the ticket properly is part of the deal as well as just putting the money in the machine. 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

My work recently ticketed me when my pass fell off the dash onto the floor. Very kind of them, I’ve only worked there for 4 years, parked the same car in the same spot and have the reg registered with their central database. Now I have to peel off an A5 sheet of sticky paper that doesn’t come off easily.

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s sometimes some guff on the back about failing to display it properly. For £25 I’d let it go but if you do persue they might just let you off. There’s was a story going round where I lived that everybody who appealed got let off as they didn’t have any budget to take it further.

PePPeR

At the end of the day you paid the correct fee for the correct time, ask them to let the courts decide!

I’m a delivery driver and I’ve never paid a parking fine. 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

At the end of the day you paid the correct fee for the correct time, ask them to let the courts decide!

I’m a delivery driver and I’ve never paid a parking fine.

Ultimately they didn’t display the ticket properly so it’s their fault. You could claim the ticket wasn’t sticky enough or something like that but they could just claim it is and your car is too dirty on the inside. But it’ll go round the houses all day long.

Cletus

I recently appealed successfully in similar circumstances. Received a letter stating that they would let me off this time but any repeat offence would be charged.

I had actually bought a ticket and just put it in my pocket rather than displaying it in the car – I had been working silly hours and was pretty frazzled at the time.

It was Cheltenham Borough Council fwiw

loddrik
    Free Member

I am the Music Man
    I come from down your way
    And I can play
    Others:What can you play?
    I play the piano

Pi-a, pi-a, pi-an-o
    Pi-an-o, Pi-an-o
    Pi-a, pi-a, pi-an-o
    Pi-a, Pi-an-o

Others: What can you play
    I play trumpet

Um-pa um-pa um-pa-pa
    Um-pa-pa um-pa-pa
    Um-pa um-pa um-pa-pa
    Um-pa um-pa-pa

I play the bagpipes

To the tune of Scotland the Brave
    Dee-dee de dee-dee dee-dee
    Dee-dee de-dee

I play the Dambusters

To the tune of the Dambusters
    Dah dah-dah dah dah-dah-dah-dah
    Dah dah-dah dah dah-dah-dah-dah
    Dah dah-dah dah-dah dah-dah
    dah dah dah-dah-dah dah

I play Match of the Day

To the tune of Match of the Day
    Do do do-do do-do do-do-do do-do do-do-do-do
    Do do do-do do-do do-do-do do-do do-do-do-do
    Do do do-do do-do-do-do-do do-do do-do-do-do
    Do do do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do do-do-do-do-do-do-do

petrieboy

coffeeking
    Free Member

Good point petrieboy

petrieboy

Re the sticky notes some private firms stick on your windows that leave a residue that’s near impossible to remove – criminal damage??

compositepro
    Free Member

sounds like you need a lawyer and the ECHR

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry, basic error not to check it was visible after shutting the door.

It’s only £25.

chickenman

I went to a appeals tribunal about a ticket that had been stuck to the side window, but had fallen off. I was able to demonstrate that the backing sticker does stick well to most surfaces, just not to their tickets (they have a wax treatment to stop them getting soggy).I pointed out that if they are fining people £60 for tickets that have fallen off, then they have to stick together better than they do. I was let off.
    I would say that if they don’t provide the means to stick the ticket down and you had a valid ticket then just refuse to pay it, appeal it and when they reject the appeal, insist on an independant tribunal.

project
    Free Member

My work recently ticketed me when my pass fell off the dash onto the floor. Very kind of them, I’ve only worked there for 4 years, parked the same car in the same spot and have the reg registered with their central database.

So the treatment for OCD isnt working then,

lol.

scuttler

They need to provide a sticker in order to ‘affix’ it. Did the machine dispense a sticker type ticket or just a piece of paper. If the latter you ought to be able to get them in a technicality as they failed to provide a mechanism by which to assure the ticket stayed in the required place.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

well, that was a waste of time.

All the adjudicator can do is decide if there was a contravention (ticket not on display at time it was checked). Of course there was a contravention, thats why i was contesting it, the ticket had blown off. So i lost! Decision final. I should have carried round some blutack according to the judge! WTF! Who keeps blutack in their car?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Parking fine options!?’ is closed to new replies.