Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Overshoes to fit Shimano MT90?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

have been using Aldi specials which were great until today when the zips went after they got dirty, and then separated. can anyone recommend anything to fit over these fairly chunky Shimano MT90 winter shoes?

mogrim

I use some Decathlon ones, just went up a few sizes. (I wear a Shimano 44, the overshoes are size 50 or something stupid like that…)

downshep

Walking gaiters far more appropriate for a boot like that. Cycling overshoes are too narrow and will wear out quickly when walking.

cakefest
    Free Member

gaiters not required, thanks. Aldi overshoes were great, until the zips went. anything out there that can cover these?

kcal

Endura ones (MT500s I think) will fit. Would need to factor in the sizing.
    Also leaves a bit of a ankle / overshoe gap (or at least does for me, my ankles are a bit skinny).

scotroutes

Yep – gaiters work perfectly with those boots.

takisawa2

XL MT500’s here, to fit over Spesh Trail 120’s in size 9.
    And they are a squeeze I can tell you. 😐

Someone posted some “mini” gaiters the other day, Berghaus I think. I’m keen to try them.

kcal

I used to have mini gaiters for hill walking — would be ideal for biking I reckon – they were for keeping bits of gorse, heather and general crud out my boots, and would have exactly same use for MTB boots. almost like puttees I guess.

cakefest
    Free Member

Majority seem to be recommending gaiters, but not keen on them at all. Anyone else got any ideas?

snakebite
    Free Member

Are they no longer waterproof?

cakefest
    Free Member

Zips have split so I can’t get them to stay up without bunching and flopping around. They were £4 or something so no big loss, just wondering what to replace them with, as the MT90 shoe is quite chunky.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Why do you need overshoes on a gore-tex boot? For what its worth, I can’t imagine any being big enough.

gaiters ftw

with waterproof trousers over the top. Rain, snow and mud all falls off. Perfect.

Sanny
    Free Member

Seconds on the Berghaus Gaitors. They just work! I use them with my MT91s. There’s good reason for the gaitor recommendation. Buy and try. If you don’t like, you can always go back to overshoes but I doubt you will. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Overshoes to fit Shimano MT90?’ is closed to new replies.