• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Ewan.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Overshoes for MTB SPDs (used on the road)
  • submarined
    Free Member

I commute year round on my road/gRvL bike in Shimano AM5s – fine in the summer but get pretty chilly in the winter, even with a thin pair of socks under thick SealSkins waterproof socks.
    Does anyone know of any overshoes that will fit a Size 44/45ish chunky MTB shoe like this? Could do with extra warmth and even a bit more waterproofing, and preferably not having to remortgage as well.
    Cheers!

DezB
    Free Member

Planet X ones with the velcro up the back. £10

Ewan
    Free Member

I use the DHB neoprene ones in XL on my size 46 ME700s. Generally since they normally only last three months or so, I just get what ever is cheap – ignore the size charts and go at least a size larger if you’re using MTB shoes.

These ones https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-neoprene-nylon-overshoe/

nwmlarge
    Free Member

get warmer shoes?

Do they have holes in them like vent holes?

submarined
    Free Member

Cheers, will look at the DHBs.
    My recent forays into Planet X sizing don’t fill me with confidence tbh

I spent most of last winter trying to find warmer shoes that I found comfy and fired my flippers that weren’t crazy expensive and failed miserably. If I can get by on 20 or 30 quid overshoes I’ll be happy.

jamesco

BBB here ,done two winters and look good for a third .Just been looking to get a spare pair just in case, it appears the design has changed slightly but I hope still as good. I size up a 47 and put them over winter boots when it’s really slushy.

Ewan
    Free Member

I’ve had BBB ones before as well – they worked well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Overshoes for MTB SPDs (used on the road)’ is closed to new replies.