Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Outside cameras – Blink XT2?
  • Premier Icon oldtennisshoes
    Subscriber

Looking at security camera options. I have options for mains power, but not bothered if they are battery like the Blink X2 ones.
    Reliability, ease of use and decent phone app / web interface are the key considerations.
    Any recommendations?

Premier Icon julians
    Subscriber

Ive got the blink xt2 3 camera pack, it seems good to me. I installed it in early december. App is decent. The movement detection sisnt fool proof though, it sometimes goes off with changes in sunlight , or heavy rain .

I put one camera in the back garden on the climbing frame looking at the house, another in the front garden on a tree looking at the house, and another in the porch.

Its been reliable, and pretty much fit and forget so far.

I’m pretty happy with them for the money.

chowsh

Pretty much the same as what julians said.
    3 cameras, mix of XT and XT2.
    Amazon were doing a pack recently including a cheap echo show.

Premier Icon rossburton
    Subscriber

The one big caveat with Blink as a proper security camera is that it doesn’t have a siren, there’s no siren option, and if you get it to send notifications to your phone that obviously doesn’t work if you also have Do Not Disturb or similar on. At least on iOS there’s no way to opt out of DnD for specific apps.

That said I’ve two blink cameras and for the purpose of “record the face of whoever gets into my garage” they work really well.

Premier Icon white101
    Subscriber

As above, I kinda bought based on a recommend from a similar thread before xmas. Working well, daylight camera is really clear. Notifications are quick. The usual tree branches blowing in front of lens should be avoided.
    The movement has to go across the middle of the lens view to activate, plenty of adjustable stuff regarding clip length and sensitivity on the app.

revs1972

I’ve got a 3 pack, one on the back of the house mounted externally and pointed at garage, with the other 2 internally covering upstairs landing and down stairs hallway. The house is empty at moment whilst being refurbed. Notification of triggers is pretty quick, phone alerts me as does my watch. Garagecam gets triggered at night by next door opening his and his headlights flooding the view area. Apart from that they have been great. As long as I remember to re-arm after he builders go 😉

Premier Icon oldtennisshoes
    Subscriber

Thanks guys, looks like I need to order some.

I’m looking for something ATM – had a gander on Amazon – do they do a mains version, can only see battery versions?

Premier Icon julians
    Subscriber

I seem to recall that they can be powered from a micro USB connection instead of batteries, but you lose the waterproofness.

I’m not 100% certain of this though, so do confirm it yourself

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.