• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by igm.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Outlook pst file top trumps.
  • matt_outandabout

38gb and 43,239 emails. In 7 years. FFS.

Whatcha got?

Sui
    Free Member

bloody hell, i’ve just gone to look and calculate and now the machine is dying..!

Sui
    Free Member

i’ve got loads of folders – but approx 6 years 48GB im fairly certain that it will be stratospheric number of emails but most are in the archive and it just gives folder sizes!

simon_g

With a 100GB mailbox why would I bother with a PST? 😁

FuzzyWuzzy

Only 11GB & 9 years for me (work emails), until the end of 2019 we used to have a 100MB mailbox limit (which was painful and hence why I have PSTs), we’re now allowed 10GB so I’ve not needed to archive anything for a while.

oldtennisshoes

17,433 unopened emails according to my phone.

db

Do people still use PST files? I thought we all moved to the cloud in this version of the matrix.

Cougar

Gonna say. How are your preparations going for the Millennium Bug?

If you’re using Exchange / M365 it should all be on the server.

If you’re not using Exchange / M365 then why in the name of all that’s holy are you using Outlook, it’s a terrible POP client.

.PSTs are a relic, they were a shit workaround from back when storage was stupidly expensive. What are you gonna do when your hard drive dies, start a “how do I recover a decade’s worth of email?” thread?

Cougar

Anyway. 58,159 in my work account’s Inbox, that doesn’t include stuff archived off into other folders. Seeming 11GB on the server, local .OST cache is a couple of gig. 0 bytes in my .PST because I don’t have one.

matt_outandabout

I don’t think I am on a PST file, you can put the microchip knives down.

I put my out of office on today and it shows these two figures below. We’re on SharePoint O365.

Scarily, that’s my email address. I’ve two other enquiries/public email addresses as well…

db

Damn, had just charged up the electric cattle prod, will stand the mob of exchange admins down.

scaredypants

My gmail inbox has 123,518 messages in it

… that’s just the unopened ones 🤣

aP
    Free Member

Ah. I had a 0.95tB .pst archive. Which buggered my office OneDrive.
    Done some massive pruning.

aP
    Free Member

Ah. When I was colocated I had the smallest inbox known to man. If I took a day off it would fill up by about 10:30 and reject all following emails. Made my life a lot easier.

igm

What are you gonna do when your hard drive dies, start a “how do I recover a decade’s worth of email?” thread?

I periodically copy the PSTs to a 62Gb SD card.

I need access to 10 or more year old emails immediately, potentially during meetings, whether or not I’m connected to the interweb.

Cloud doesn’t do the job. Has to be local storage.

PS – I remember my IT chaps telling me to delete emails older than 90 days. They have no concept that in my business things agreed in 2000 are current.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Outlook pst file top trumps.’ is closed to new replies.