Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Our MX5 needs replacing, but what with
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

We’ve really enjoyed owning our MX5 but sadly it is nearing the end of it’s days. So, before I buy another is there anything else similar that I should be looking at? I quite like the look of the MR2 Mk3, has anyone owned/driven one?

GJP
    Free Member

Sorry, but we might as well get this cheap joke out of the way, so the the informative posts can start. But have you considered a hair dryer? 😀

Mintman
    Free Member

Honda S2000?

Have you got a budget in mind?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

S2000

+2000

MartynS

don’t think you can do much better than the MX5 for the money. If you can afford it the S2000 would be fun.

just how impractical do you want to go.. would a caterham be a step to far??

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Defo S2000, I had one as well as a Type R Accord and type R Civic and you won’t get a better 250bhp naturally aspirated engine, finer chassis and uber reliability.

bigbloke
    Free Member

S2000

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Most survey conclude that the mx5 is the best car in its class. Why change?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Which gen is it and why is it dying.

I just spent £650 on welding on my 89 Eunos. If I were upgrading it it would be either an old Boxster or Lotus Elan M100.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Budget of £4000. To be honest as much as I would like a Caterham style car an MX5/MR2/type car is as impractical as I can go. I’ll take a look at the S2000 but have a feeling that, along with a Boxster they will blow the budget.

Any MR2 MK3 owners out there?

The other one I had thought of was a classic 944?

Thoughts anyone?

Ian

gray

I have a Mk3 MR2. I like it.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Honda S2000. I had one for 5 years and loved every minute. Took it all over Europe and one down to the Millau Bridge and back again in a long weekend with 6 other S2000’s, 2000 mile return trip! Take a look at http://www.s2ki.co.uk for everything there is to know about S2000’s. Used to be quite an active club when I was a member.

I’ve also had a 986 Boxster S and prefer the Honda any day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Our MX5 needs replacing, but what with’ is closed to new replies.