Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Orange service
  • tommy19
    Free Member

Well today I took my week old orange gyro back to the LBS as the brakes have failed, as suspected the seals have gone or so the guy there said.
    He gave me 2 options the first being send the avid elixir 5s back to SRAM to be sorted, or let me call orange first and see what they say, now I know that it is I no way oranges fault but sooner or later I will be looking to upgrade to hope, I was wondering if orange may do the hopes at a reduced rate etc
    What are people experience of oranges service?

druidh
    Free Member

The seals have gone in less than a week???

skywalker
    Free Member

Seals gone my ass. More like they needed bleeding because they suffer from the all to common Avid problem, brakespulltobarafterbeingupsidedown syndrome.

AJames
    Free Member

Would have left it in shop and said I wanted it back by next week sorted and with a free crud catcher attached, in a polite tongue in cheek sort of way..

tommy19
    Free Member

The guy bled the brakes when I collected the bike and again today, both times in front of me so I know he was doing it, and they were leaking fluid from where the hose goes into the unit, do I have a leg to stand on with regards to the hopes or is it just wishful thinking?

jonk

To be honest its up to the shop to sort out. Your avid’s should be fit for at least a year they are pretty good brakes don’t be fobbed off!

Rorschach
    Free Member

edited in the light of the facts !

tommy19
    Free Member

They have offered to get it all sorted and I could have the bike back wed it’s me that mentioned the hopes 😀

druidh
    Free Member

If the hose to banjo fitting is faulty, then the shop should either trim the hose and refit or just fit a new hose – either of which could be done in under an hour. It’s their responsibility to sort it out for you! They are taking the piss mate.

tommy19
    Free Member

Fair enough I will all them tomorrow and get the acids sent off

stevede
    Free Member

You could ask if they would upgrade you to Hopes for a reduced price but i doubt they would do it as a freebie.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A week old? Nothing to do with sram or orange – its the shops responsibility to sort it out

Repair / replace / refund – your choice. I’d tell them you want the brakes sorted by friday or you will have your money back.,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Orange service’ is closed to new replies.