Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orange 5 sizing
  • bfebikerchap
    Free Member

hi folks,

I’m thinking about a 5 frame to transfer my 26” kit to next year. I’ve seen a 2014 frame on Fleabay described as 18”, only Orange list 17” and 19” that year. A bigger issue is the sizing, they only seem to list dimensions and not height ranges… can anyone shed any light for me? I’m 5’11”…. another issue which the collective probably have a view on is, can I run 26” wheels in a 27.5 frame?

Ta

takisawa2

Yes, but the BB would lower a bit…

My 2014 18″ model fitted me perfectly at 5’9″.

My mate bought it off me, he is about 5’11” & he is very happy on it, fits him a treat.

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Thank you Takisawa.

chiefgrooveguru

If you’re running 26″ wheels and fork, you’ll want a 160mm fork to keep the angles about right and the BB from getting too low.

chestrockwell

I’m 6’2″ and have had loads of Orange bikes. I can just about squeeze on to their 19″ but 18″ is too small so should be fine for you.

wl
    Free Member

I’m 5′ 10″ and only ever ridden medium Orange Fives – a  2013 and a 2017.  Both fit fine, though I could probably have ‘got away with’ a large.  I prefer to err on the side of small though. The 2017 bike is frankly amazing.  I’d be getting the right sized wheels for your 2014 if I were you – these bikes are carefully designed around the right wheel size, so the handling will be compromised with 26″.  You might be able to ride it, but my guess is it won’t ride half as well as it would with the correct wheels.

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I’m not decided as to what to do. I think the sizing is going to be fine, and I’ve established that this particular frame is actually a 26” wheeler. Will have a think. Everyone seems to love a Five and I listed after the ones in Biketreks in Ambleside every time I’m in the Lakes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 sizing’ is closed to new replies.