Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • orange 5 or cannondale rush 2010 for my long distance marathon, enduro rides?
  • shortbaldone
    Free Member

as above really, virtually same money (hi-1 rush carbon and orange pro)for marathons mainly, views?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Giant anthem 2 and some nice raceday wheels….is'nt the 5 a 140mm 30lb trail sled and the rush a 110mm carbon mile muncher.Errr chalk and cheese anyone??

shortbaldone
    Free Member

rush 26.8lb pro 28.1lb, i think, so rush is lighter but having only ridden hardtails bar a mount vision the first year they came out i am pretty dim with them all tbh.
    the common factor for me is that a 16inch orange and a medium rush both give me that rare occurance of top tube length and able to standover (5ft 6inch normal body short arrse legs!) so it was fit that leaves them as shortlist

Rorschach
    Free Member

Coming off hard tails and marathon/enduros being a priority I'd have to go with the dale.Shorter travel,steeper angles,better spec,more scope for weight loss (lighter frame).Fits your intended use better.I'm not saying the 5 could'nt be raced but its not really what its for.You'll have to factor in new bars,stem.seat post and headset on the orange (or upgrade to pro pack and hope headset at pyrchase for another £235) as the stock stuff is pretty awful tbh.
    Or santa cruz superlight-preety long tt for a given size and the off the peg kits are good vfm (i'm assuming you have a thing for single pivots-if not ANTHEM!!).

shortbaldone
    Free Member

would love an anthem but no standover, groan!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘orange 5 or cannondale rush 2010 for my long distance marathon, enduro rides?’ is closed to new replies.