Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange 5 on gumtree
  • bobbingbuoy
    Free Member

Just a heads up , there’s an orange 5 on gumtree for £500 it looks a good one but seems really cheap ?? It’s in the Manchester area so just thought I’d post this up incase anyone has had one stolen in that area as the add just doesn’t seem right to me , maybe just a bargain I don’t know ?

bobbingbuoy
    Free Member

The ad number is 90478864

grantway
    Free Member

About the right price this is a 2006 Orange 5 with a square edge rear swing arm
    So no alarm bells.

grantway
    Free Member

This Orange 5 is the same has the above but quoting its 2009 which its not
    stay away
    Orange 5 2006 Not 2009

grantway
    Free Member

Found another Orange 5 2006. This was known has Peatys Red
    after Steve Peat. This was the basic 5 full bike Orange sold.
    This guy is stating 2009/2010 But its a 2006.

Orange 5 2006 In Peaty’s Red

bobbingbuoy
    Free Member

Ahh good , I thought it may have been stolen and I HATE thieves with a passion

piha
    Free Member

Slightly off topic here but I’ve been having a look on Craigslist London today and I’m surprised at the overall number of quality of bikes and quite a few of the prices. Is Craigslist dodgier than a dodgy thing?

Look here = http://london.craigslist.co.uk/bik/

bobbingbuoy
    Free Member

Does seem a bit too cheap on that site ? Never heard of craigslist before

grantway
    Free Member

Don’t go there with Craiglist in 2010 I see a complete white Orange Alpine 160
    Location in Walthastow North London which is Two miles from me and at £ 1,100.00p Bargain

Anyway I contacts and said I am only Two Miles away They then tell me there in Scotland
    and not in North London.

They asked for me to put money in there account (Hello) and they’ll send it. haha
    I said nope but ill come up as it was bargain price and bring it back and just to meet
    me at the Airport.
    I also asked for frame number to check on history.
    After that Nothing what a surprise.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Gumtree is full of nigerian scam ads too, and similar scam responses to genuine ads. They often lift pics and details from genuine ads so can look legit at first. I followed up a Nomad until he couldn’t answer basic questions other than repeating ad details, and asked for western union payment off the back of some story about the bike being in another country with his brother….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 on gumtree’ is closed to new replies.