Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Online Gaming
  • cornholio98
    Free Member

So I got bored and downloaded a strategy game app which involves interacting with people. Normally I prefer to be left alone to do what I want so this is the first time I have played an online mp game.

is everyone online completely mental?

today there was an argument about something pointless and one of the participants seems to believe because they have spent thousands (literally) on buying in app purchases everyone should respect him. If you don’t he basically spends money to destroy you. The guy is in his late 30s…

half of the chats are about how these people in their 30s and 40s (mostly) were bullied at school but fail to see that they are doing the exact thing now to other people.

Is this behaviour normal for the online gaming world? I can’t say I am particularly taken with it…

kelron
    Free Member

Those kind of mobile games are designed to suck people into addiction so they keep spending money. I assume the communities around them reflect that.

hatter

Much as I do love a video game from time go time, these days I’m strictly single player only due to the sheer level of obnoxiousness out there.

cornholio98
    Free Member

It’s insane… all the posturing, tantrums and  constant sexual comments. From adults physically at least…

as with any collect/click/level up type system there is a chemical release when you achieve something but this is structured just to extract money. People are dropping 5, 50 or 100£ a pop for “bonus” packs. It would appear that 10-15% of the players have spent at least 2-300

They must just print money. It’s insidious really. I am surprised there is no legislation on this type of thing…

might be time to go back to the suduko app…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

If anyone cares to try and beat me at Deadline on GTA V (PS4) yr welcome to make fools of yourselves 😑

#smacktalk

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah online gaming chat/communities can be cesspools, just either need to ignore it or find the ‘normal’ people out there and just hang out with them. In MMOs I quickly join a guild/clan and after that rarely interact with non-guild people. In PUBG I prefer playing in squads but don’t have a regular team but about 50% of the time joining random squads you end up with at least one person being a complete dick (screaming, shouting insults etc.)

mattyfez

Back in my battlefield 2 and bad company days, I’d find a clan of more mature players.

These were normaly by invite only, members would recruit others when their clan mates were offline that played as a team rather than lone wolves.

Once a member, voice coms would be via a seperate app such as teamspeak so you didn’t have to listen all the nonsense in the games voice channels.

Although the PC gamer crowd tended to be a bit more mature than the console lot .. Anyone acting up would get mercilessly ganged up on by whole squads following them around and shot /blown up until they quit.

Gunz
    Free Member

Yeah, unecessary sexual references online are rarely welcome cornholio 😉.

martinhutch

is everyone online completely mental?

You’ve come to the right place to ask that question.

Get Rekt, Noob!

willard

I was browsing the App Store last night seeing what was new and whether there was anything worth looking at and saw that pretty much every game in there offered In App Purchases. One which did catch may eye explicitly stated that it did not offer them and was getting much, much kudos for that.

Loot boxes and IAPs are the devil’s work. It almost makes me want the old days back, where you actually bought a game and didn’t pay for it a little at a time.

Smudger666

Yes is the short answer.

also a PUBG player here but on the Xbox – dreading the proximity chat being ported to us.  the anonymity and massive player pool gives cockwombles the opportunity to practice their craft safe in the knowledge they are unlikely to be banned or ever meet their victims again in the game or real life.

chomp
    Free Member

playing with randoms is a nightmare – as has been stated already, find some like minded people to play with and then ignore the massess

njee20
    Free Member

Can I just say LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINS.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>I avoid randoms on console unless team chat is muted.</p><p>PC I have a clan I play with on the (rare) occasions I’m online. If you want mature talk avoid discord, or at least any NSFW channels (Overwatch has a lot to answer for).</p>

Drac

On a console create your own chat party before joining a game you won’t here on game chat, works on PS4 anyway.

The world is full of weirdos being an alias seems to give them a bigger voice.

brassneck

Can I just say LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINS.

You may. One of the reasons I gave up WOW was the PUGs that assumed everyone wanted to extensively read tactic guides to every encounter. There was no fun in discovery anymore.

cornholio98
    Free Member

I guess it is the same everywhere, it only takes a few dicks to ruin anything… the surprise for me is that it is adults doing it not kids…

mind you no kid has a few grand to drop a month on a game

ChrisL
    squirrelking
    Free Member

no mor torlan plz

As for the Leroy Jenkins manoeuvre, that just about sums up my entire playstyle.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Online Gaming’ is closed to new replies.