Home Forums Chat Forum Online Dating Updates

• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • stcolin
    Free Member

Interesting about the horse riding thing….this girl I’m seeing rides horses and I’ve convinced her into a spin out on the bikes at some point….if she’s quicker than me, I’m out.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Tinder seems to be populated by three types of women – chavvy duck face types, single mums and horse riders. And at least 50% off them describe themselves as “curvy”. I think I am going to forget women and stick to riding my bike.

Klunk
    Free Member

you’ve got too picky Mark ;)

missnotax
    Free Member

Well, I’m not having any luck – some nice dates with nice people but all a bit ‘meh’ so far!!

I think I’m just too picky :?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

So, I met Walkerist burd in January, went to a laughbly poor gig at Celtic Connections, regular dates and pj parties since then – meeting her mum and auntie, over from Tenerife, for the first time in about 1hr for dinner. Wish me luck.

Mister-P
    Free Member

you’ve got too picky Mark

Nah, I’ve just got a nice bike :lol:

rOcKeTdOg

pj parties

one letter away from God like status

DezB
    Free Member

My big date happened last night. We had met a couple of times before it actually, but this was the proper one I invited her to originally. We went to see a band at a cool bar and it was quite an experience! It would’ve been rather strange if it had actually been the first time we’d met – mainly because the band was so intense! Anyway, we got on great, but I don’t think there’s a big romance in the offing. Hopefully will still be able to see bands together as we share an odd taste in music :-)

bradley
    Free Member

Did you ride it?

DezB
    Free Member

“It”??

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why do you so admire PT parties …is it your age ?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Me, her, 4 dogs – Sunday.
    Walk, eat, drink, chat – be a gentleman.
    I ride bikes, she rides horses AND a real bike – with an engine & everything…

bradley
    Free Member

I must’ve got this all mixed up. I thought this was a thread for guys waiting on their new bikes to be delivered, of which they have spent hours online procrastinating over which top tube looks best in what colour and then the first ride feedback and if they have a future together…

rOcKeTdOg

Junkyard – lazarus
    rOcKeTdOg » pj parties
    one letter away from God like status
    Why do you so admire PT parties …is it your age ?

Physical training or “lemon party”?

keefus
    Free Member

missnotax….I’ve met you ,Brockenhurst mountain biking event, and you have every right to be picky!

Klunk
    Free Member

Nah, I’ve just got a nice bike

what are your riding these days ?

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone else got any updates?

I’m happy with my online dating experience. I’m gonna take down my profile :-)

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m back on the scene. Like a very tired machine!
    I promised myself 6 moths off but then… created a Match profile just to ‘have a look’ and ended up chatting, exchanging numbers and well, we’ll see.
    Well, surroundedbyhills, I’m glad to see our mutual friend is not on the site any more. I’m hoping it’s because she found someone nice. I checked that site again and there is ONE eligible lady within 75 miles. I spent my Paypal balance on Match instead.
    I’m still holding out for a mountain biking lady or at least a cyclist of some sort. I cycle 5 days a week and the other two I’m either fixing bikes or thinking about buying bike bits so I need someone who understands.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have found a lady who has a picture of mountainbiking and bivvying and is also extremely attractive and wants to meet me again.

Thats all I am telling you as you’ll alk be scuttling off to find her!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Anyone else got any updates?

Yep; mine’s **** ace! Early days, but happy days :)

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Well, after getting unceremoniously dumped on Valentines Day, and then ranting about it on here (ahem), I had a break from ‘The Dating Game’, and I’m having another go.

Wish me luck.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep; mine’s **** ace! Early days, but happy days

Great stuff.. I’m feeling that at the moment too :-)

Good luck trailofdestruction! I expected nothing, got some happiness.

scaled
    Free Member

Well,

There’s trouble in paradise here.

Despite her new saddle being a hit, apparently her wheels are too heavy and I’m not giving her what she needs in the “bouncy bouncy” department*

*I’m supposed to find her a pretty FS frame, in a colour that she likes for <£300, oh ans in XS too…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@deveron53 – that seems like a while ago now, I had the distinct feeling that I was playing second fiddle IYKWIM.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Missnotax ;-)

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Has anyone seen the happn app? Looks like a tinder type thing but tells you who youve been near during the day.

Guess you may find a fellow mtb’er if you used it in the hills. Not something im needing to try atm but thought people may like to have a go

crazy-legs

Has anyone seen the happn app? Looks like a tinder type thing but tells you who youve been near during the day.

The vast majority of people I was near today, I’d rather not know anything about them! But then I guess that’s what I get for having to walk through the middle of Manchester on a Saturday…

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha v true!

ratadog

Met Mrs Ratadog, 17 years ago, because she was lodging with my landlord when I rented a house. Not sure anyone had heard the words internet and dating in same sentence at that time.

I was asked by aforementioned landlord why I was single and said that it was because I was waiting for my perfect woman who I defined as a Swedish Claudia Schiffer lookalike with brains and pots of money.

My wife claims that she scores 0 out of 4 on that scale, although I claim she scores 1 for brains and a half for not UK citizen. She also points out that she had to significantly lower her expectations as well.

yunki
    Free Member

The young lady that I met up with for a few dates seemed to have bags of potential..

She was very cool, attractive, interesting and fun, but the dynamic between us was lacking a certain je ne sais quois in my opinion so it’s back to the drawing board for me..

Deveron53
    Free Member

Sod Strava, I’m now in the top 25 most viewed male, cycling-related profiles on Fitness Singles! Woo! Get in!
    Thing is, there’s no eligible ladies on there within 100 miles of me! Shows what a good profile pic can do tho eh?

POF is coming up with best results at the moment. A few irons in the fire…

rOcKeTdOg

100 miles? Easy 4 hour ride that is, get typing!

DezB
    Free Member

Still going strong here. She’s coming to watch me kill myself er, race at the QECP Enduro on Sunday..

Deveron53
    Free Member

Nothing much here yet. A lot of coffees, a few 2nd dates, no 3rd dates yet. Trying to keep hopes up.

I think the problem is that you get to know them BEFORE you meet them. If there’s no spark when you finally meet, it’s such a disappointment!

Considering speed dating, anyone tried it? How does it work? Hints, tips?

grenosteve
    Free Member

Met my now wife on match.com :)

It’s worth using the paid sites, most people on free sites are just trying it out and aren’t serious about finding someone. People who have paid £60 are more keen to get their monies worth. ;)

It’s great that this is being discussed on here without everyone trolling. Well done singletrack forum for being so grown up. :)

flowerpower
    Free Member

Nearly 8 months in here :) so it can work, but I’m not sure that I actually enjoyed the experience at the time…

Houns

Six months on Sunday :D

Cougar

I met my wife on match.com.

Wow, was there ever an argument.

DezB
    Free Member

Been going since May (if you can’t tell from this thread!) – met on a (the?) free site. It’s cool because neither of us were expecting big things from internet dating. I don’t think the site makes any difference, just gotta keep hunting for the right one. Go by the interests, not just looks!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m trying okcupid again, seems to be some ok women on there.

Considering speed dating, anyone tried it? How does it work? Hints, tips?

Its a laugh but very random, don’t expect to meet someone.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.