• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

SMUG UPDATE ALERT…

Met Hillwalker woman in January on PoF or “Plenty of Pish” as she calls it, all going well for now and she wants me to take her bike shopping FTW!
    Only snag is she is a real talker which can be a problem cause so am I! 😀
    I told her I only joined PoF because of the chat on here about seamonsters etc, thankfully she saw the funny side of it.

gogg
    Free Member

A “friend” has used dateactive with some degree of success…

gogg
    Free Member

DezB, have you tried poking her??
    😉

DezB
    Free Member

I’m too shy 😳

stcolin
    Free Member

Well, how is everyone getting on?

I have a date tonight. She is 37, and to be honest the age thing is hanging over me a little. I know it shouldn’t make a difference. I’m 31, she is 37. Technically there is 5 1/2 years between us, she has just turned 37 and I’m 32 in October. The onlt thing that could be a problem is if she wanted to a family…

maxtorque

if????

😉

stcolin
    Free Member

Exactly 😉 This is our 3rd date, and to be honest I wouldn’t have though she was 37, closer to me than that.

davetrave
    Free Member

Well a couple of months down the line from disastrous first attempt at dating (see above…) I’ve now had some potential success via the “Locals” function on PoF. Was up in the Lakes taking advantage of my folks’ place to get some biking/running done and some solitary relaxation, with them being away for a week on a walking hol. On the Fri night got random message from lass in Kendal who’d seen me listed as being local, looked at my profile and seen it said I actually live down south (at the moment) but decided to message me anyway.

Totally unexpected and unplanned as I’d been planning a weekend on my own away from everything but decided to chance it and we met up on the Sat afternoon anyway, went a walk (her choice of first date) then for dinner. Very successful, lots in common, conversation flowed naturally and we talked pretty much the whole 5 hours. Despite currently being down south she said she’d like to see me again and so now planning next date…

Colin,

See my post above about age differences – if the person’s right for you, it’s not important…

DezB
    Free Member

Bless you st colin, hope it’s helping you. (I seem to recall recent misery threads?).
    How I wish I could get a 37 year old 😉

Been having some great chats over the past couple of days myself actually. (Without trying too hard, obviously!) She’s gone away for the weekend (or so she told me), but I feel like I’ve got loads to chat about with this one, so maybe it’ll go further…

stcolin
    Free Member

Thanks again. Oddly my posts refer to two different people.

It’s an odd feeling, I feel that maybe I’m forcing this. The first two dates have been nice, dinner and drinks, but I still feel very distant if that makes sense. I get I just want to be able to be close to someone again so maybe that’s just normal.

davetrave
    Free Member

I’m certainly finding it a bit strange too, but think that it’s largely down to finding myself back in the uncertainty & insecurity of the dating scene / being single/alone again plus having been with the same woman for 10 years, still married but separated, making it feel almost like I’m cheating on her.

It’s just a mental block to be got through, if the time’s right you’ll know it, conversely, if it’s not you’ll also know it. And a lot of that’ll be down to meeting somebody that you click with…

I found that sitting down and thinking things through helped me – if you feel like you’re forcing things then that may be a sign that the time’s not right yet. That’s what happened to me with the first attempt anyway, 2 months down the line I’ve met somebody with whom I have clicked and now the time does feel right.

seosamh77
    Free Member

crazy-legs – Member
    One of the reasons she gave for meeting up wth me was that I’d sent a funny / original email.

go on share it with us?

Seems to be the most common request you see on the profiles.

Incidently I’ve meet 2 lassies from pof, one a few months ago, went ok, organised a second meeting, but I forgot it was my brother birthday so binned it and went out on the lash(I let her know), didn’t really think there was any point in trying again.

Second on was a few weeks ago, really nice lassie, but I obviously played it too cool, sent a text few days after got a reply saying I got it that I wasn’t your type blah blah. I was like what? because I didn’t try and jump you at first attempt ffs(I never texted that)? she was nice very nice actually, but I’m putting that one down to a bullet dodged, well either that or it was code from I’m not her type! ah well have a good life, next! :mrgreen:

dashed
    Free Member

Must be about time for an update on this thread…

Any more comedy gold from the world of online dating?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve been on a date (PoF worked!) 😀
    Not telling you nosey bastards though 😆
    (ooh, look – its the one I posted about 3 weeks ago)

Mister-P
    Free Member

I got a match on Tinder on Friday night. Spent the whole weekend chatting on there then on text. She said my photos weren’t very clear so asked if I was on facebook. I said yes, gave her my surname and she added me as a friend. And that was the last I heard from her. I know I am more Tarantino than Clooney but I was hoping for a slightly better reaction.

DezB
    Free Member

I got a match on Tinder

Isn’t that the ‘sex’ one? Surely getting “a match” is no competition for a female on there who’ll be getting hits all the time?

While I’m here – 3rd date coming up Thurs eve. Going to see a band… should be good.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Which band?

Cougar

Stalker.

Houns

As this has been bumped…

I’ve met and I’m dating someone from real life™. We’ve worked together for a year, it’s cheesy but for me it was lust love at first sight. Due to a lot of complications (and I mean a lot 😕 🙁 ) we finally got together earlier this year. There’s a lot of baggage, but, you can’t help who you fall in love with!

DezB
    Free Member

Which band?

The Amazing Snakeheads 🙂

go Houns!

stcolin
    Free Member

Okay, since we’re updating….

I’ve been going with a girl for just over two weeks now. Got a lot in common, fellow engineer type etc and we’re even going away together this coming weekend for the next round of the enduro here. Though once she sees my bike skillz, she’ll most likely leg it.

Trekster

Weekend away with mine taking in the Hillbilly Event @ Kirry on Sun. Been together for 45yrs ❗
    https://www.sientries.co.uk/list.php?event_id=1370&id=1264

Hope you all find “that someone special” 😆

maxtorque

I’ve come to the conclusion that i will never find the ideal woman online.

So i am now planning to hang around in the cafes at various trail centers and attempt to pick up a woman that way…….

I can post my itinerary here if any of the more adventurous ladies of STW want to apply for the position??? 😉

DezB
    Free Member

i will never find the ideal woman online

Ha! I’ve found 100s of them!

flowerpower
    Free Member

Well… while we are updating…

I put a profile on POF after reading this thread, back in September / October. In the initial barrage of messages, two stood out as possibly rational mtbing guys. I arranged to meet the first, and shelved the second for later…

It was a couple of months later, after a few failed dates, that I remembered guy no2 and I got back in touch. He was still about, so we arranged to meet over New Year. It has been an ‘interesting’ few months 🙄 , not quite as straight forward as the movies make it out to be, but 5 months on and we’re still together, things have settled down and I am really very happy 8)

So to anyone thinking of giving up – you never know, someone could be just about to get in touch…

DrJ

real life™

What is this “real life” of which you speak?

DezB
    Free Member

In the initial barrage of messages…

At this point I realised the poster was female…

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

flowerpower
    Free Member

At this point I realised the poster was female…

There are some of us on here 😀

scaled
    Free Member

Well, online dating was a mixed bag for me – met someone really nice on fitness singles, one date but seeing as I was, at the time homeless I had a lot of both literal and metaphorical baggage that was too much of a risk for her.

That was the best thing that could have happened really, whilst I was briefly of no fixed abode I went to spend a few days with an old uni friend and we’re now approaching 6 months of awesome. She’s a horseriderist but despite only having ridden a bike 5 times in about 10 years is thinking of entering an enduro after seeing the one at gisburn.

maxtorque

In my experience, horseriderists make quite good MTBers! (after a horse, which lets face it, gets a spook on and bolts into a hedge when it sees a leaf / twig / plastic bag it doesn’t like the look of, a mountain bike is childs play…. 😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

‘While we’re updating’ . . . . Sounds like we are collectively punching above our weight – not that I’m ‘punching’ anything!

Houns

Oh I am, Redhead, model and Snr Nurse. She is spectacularly awesome and is my best friend

cynic-al
    Free Member

Donkey punching houns?

Houns

She does it to me

adjustablewench
    Free Member

That good to hear houns (not quite sure where the donkey comes into it – but each to their own 😉 )

Mister-P
    Free Member

I thought for a moment that Houns was a redheaded model.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve pulled myself a cracker..

Went out for a few drinks on Wednesday and we’re going out again on Saturday..

I could be on to a winner

Mister-P
    Free Member

Oh do smug off.

bikebouy
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    I’ve pulled myself a cracker..

On your own at Xmas? 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.