Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • OneUp EDC Pump – what size?
  • razorrazoo

Head says the 100cc one as more space to store stuff plus a little less pumping, but worried about it looking mahoosize stuck to the side of my bike.  Any advice? – pics of 100cc attached to bike welcomed.

After ditching the backpack some time ago now aiming to ride hip pack-less for shorter rides – tube already stuck on frame.

nixie

100cc is not that big, sits nicely next to my water bottle.

dangodwin

I think the 100cc is quite large, so much so I never fitted it. PM’d you about mine as is on Ebay.

ta11pau1

the big one is the same size as a normal size bottle:

On my old bikes:

and without bottle

razorrazoo

Thanks folks.  @dangodwin pm back.

honourablegeorge

@ta11pau1 – what tyres are you running in your last pic? The knobnly tanwalls?

ta11pau1

They were WTB Senderos – great for winter ‘gravel’ rides. ie mud. 😀

TBH I’ve not used my oneup pump in anger since I bought it, but it’ll be going on my new hardtail build so I can go pack free for local rides – the ability to stuff the one up tool in there is great. I wouldn’t choose it as a main pump but it’s good for emergencies when you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere and need to get some air into a tyre *touches wood*

Edit: Just remembered the pump is in my drawer next to me, here’s a size comparison between it and a normal bottle

razorrazoo

That’s a big size water bottle 🙂

This is only intended as a trail pump, I hardly ever have the need to use one hence not being too concerned about the extra pumping power of the big one more the storage.

ta11pau1

If it’s more for storage, then get the 100cc one.

100cc Pump holds EDC Tool & a 20g CO2 or EDC Tool & the Storage Capsule
    70cc Pump holds EDC Tool (no Storage Capsule) or a 20g CO2

That capsule at the bottom will hold some money and/or bacon strips – or you can have a CO2, and the pump has an inflator in the head so you’ll have a full CO2 inflator with you.

jimdubleyou

I’ve got an unused 100cc on the other side of the Crane River (you’re in TW2 aren’t you?) if you want to try one? £40?

Bought it whilst waiting for a warranty replacement from Germany but never used it.

razorrazoo

Hey Jim will pm you.

Thanks tallpaul, think i need the bigger one then.

Bigmantrials

I have been quite pleased with the the 70cc, used it anger a couple of times and it one of the best mini pumps I have had.

As for storage, I actually modified the original capsule, made it shorter to fit in the pump,then made a screw in tyre plug kit. All of which Oneup actually offer now.

nixie

I don’t actually store the tool in mine. Put that in the head tube. Been trying to find a suitable sized container to carry a small amount of sealant instead as I’ve found having some of that on hand useful in the past.

Bigmantrials

Been trying to find a suitable sized container to carry a small amount of sealant instead as I’ve found having some of that on hand useful in the past.

Sample bottle?………

nixie

Yes that sort of thing. Spent way too long trawling eBay looking for a long but not to fat one.

bikesandboots

Been trying to find a suitable sized container to carry a small amount of sealant instead as I’ve found having some of that on hand useful in the past.

They do exist. “dropper bottle squeezable 30ml”

nixie

Thanks. Will try that search.

saynotoslomo
    Free Member

Is it possible to use the full length of the pump as a storage compartment? I’ve already got the EDC tools in my steerer

Wondering if I could maybe roll up and store a foil blanket in the pump… bit of a half arsed first aid kit but better than nothing I guess

nixie

Yes you could. There is a blanking cap.

momo

Just be aware that the inner diameter is similar to a pound coin, so you’d probably have to feed some ribbon or similar in first to enable pulling everything out

latham2104
    Free Member

I spent way too much time over thinking exactly the same thing – whether to go for the big or the small pump – main reasoning was for aesthetics rather than practicality.

Wanted to ditch the pack, but have the basics covered for a couple of hours local ride, without having a massive pump strapped to the frame looking like you’d fallen into Halfords in 1993.

Opted for the smaller pump and i’m pleased i did. Straps to the frame and is pretty inconspicuous as its the same size as a normal bottle (get a black one to mask it even more). EDC tool in there, and there is actually a small storage compartment in the bottom that i managed to get some patches, bacon strips and a 2x small zip ties. Tube, CO2 and tyre plug tool strapped to the frame.

I’ve used the CO2 head and the pump in anger and they are really good, even though it is the smaller volume pump. Its well made ad the tool is pretty trick inside it.

I do plan to get the little EDC Tyre plug kit and mount the spike plug on the bottom of the tool as it will fit inside the small pump as well, but i really struggle to justify £32 for it.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Edc 70cc is perfect as a trail pump the 100cc looks a bit daft and big IMO

I’ve now swapped my edc lite tool in the steerer tube to it in the pump and it’s a very neat all in one package

The pump is very well made and always works very impressed with it

stanley

I think I’m being a bit slow on the uptake here…

If I was considering an “EDC” set-up… what do I need to cover: smallest tool, pump, CO2, bacon strip and insertion tool?
    Could these be split across steerer and smaller pump?

Thanks!!

prezet
    Free Member

Like @oscillatewildly, I now just use the 70cc pump with the tool inside it instead of using the steerer tube. I also have a dynaplug installed instead of the bacon strip tool (you need the adaptor from the strip tool to be able to use the dynaplugs – I don’t think OneUp sell these seperately), and carry a couple of spare plugs, plus some tube patches all in there nicely. Pretty much have everything I need in the small pump. I then just swap it from the mtb to the gravel bike when needed.

razorrazoo

I’ve bought Jim’s spare from him which is 100cc size, it’s a touch bigger than I’d wanted but the extra space in the storage capsule is useful and once it’s on the bike it’s forgotten about.

Have as one zip ties and a spare valve core in the capsule at the moment but my plug tool is too big as it is double ended (spike one end, anchovy installer the other) what works to fit in there plug wise as it would be nice to get that in there too?  I’d rather not spend £30 on a jabber and link pliers (though can see this happening if no other good solution).

kiwijohn

@stanley – yep, that’s what I have. CO2 in the pump and the rest in the steerer.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘OneUp EDC Pump – what size?’ is closed to new replies.