• This topic has 19 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by gray.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • One Zwift account to two seperate strava accounts
  • godders
    Free Member

As the title says.I have a zwift account and its linked to my strava. My girlfirend is also going to use zwift now and I want her rides to link to her own strava account, is this possible or does it mean another zwift subscription for her??

zilog6128

You can disconnect from Strava and then presumably re-connect to a different account each time you want to swap. Never done it though so don’t know if it would balls anything up. Also no idea how if it would affect ZP which uses both Zwift & Strava data.

nixie

There may be a better way Gower you could set up a shared Strava account linked to zwift just for zwift. Then export your workouts and import them into your own account.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

If it were that simple, we’d all just use one generic Zwift account ?

Mrs Weeksy signed up for her own, but barely used it.
    Jnr has an account linked to mine and his is free because he’s a youngster 🙂

johnhighfield
    Free Member

I use Zwift & have the account. The wife uses it occasionally & we have seen the option of having 2 users use the same IP address etc – but that sounds like 2 subscriptions

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Try 2 – posting is misbehaving….

I use Zwift & have the account. The wife uses it occasionally & we have seen the option of having 2 users use the same IP address etc – but that sounds like 2 subscriptions!

We both use Zwift with our Garmins, in parallel. I delete her ride off my Strava when it uploads. Her Garmin uploads to her Garmin Connect which feeds the ride into her Strava.

I get a duplicate ride on Strava & delete out the one that is fed from my Garmin. I keep the Garmin version on Garmin Connect which keeps a record of all my ride activity together & gives me much better analysis.

The downside is that she rides with my profile settings – but that a little price to pay than a 2nd subscription to Zwift – particularly as it has just gone up to £12 ish……

weeksy

The downside is that she rides with my profile settings – but that a little price to pay than a 2nd subscription to Zwift – particularly as it has just gone up to £12 ish……

That’s wrong though. ! Morally so to speak ?

“It’s expensive so we’re just paying for 1 account”

zilog6128

I don’t think it’s wrong… obviously only one person can use it at any one time, it’s just a case of where you want the data to end up! Also people have been on at Zwift for a “family plan” for ages now which would make a lot of sense I think.

godders
    Free Member

Whats parallel, do you mean on mac and using parallel software or is this something different?

johnhighfield
    Free Member

No. I use an iPad to run Zwift which uploads to Strava. I have Bluetooth / Ant+ sensors (HR & Cadence) & the Turbo puts out BT & Ant+. The iPad picks up the BT. I also use my Garmin Edge 1000 in Turbo / indoor trainer mode & have the screen set up for power etc. This picks up the Ant+ & records the ride separately. The Garmin uploads to the Garmin Connect website & will also feed into Strava. As I now have 2 Strava feeds (one from the iPad via Strava & one from Garmin Connect) I delete the Garmin one and keep the Garmin ride on Garmin Connect with all my other outdoor rides. In ‘Reports’ there is some good analysis on the Garmin site.

jam-bo

you can connect zwift to garmin connect now.

BadlyWiredDog

You’re also with a single account – unless you don’t care – going to end up tweaking your weight settings every time you change user, theoretically gender as well (don’t even know if you can do that) and accept that all your Zwift stats are shared ones.

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Hi Jam-bo – I know but want the comprehensive set of data the Garmin Edge collects & the analysis in Connect. I also use the unit to display my power, av power etc etc – which gives a broader range of data than that displayed on the Zwift screen & is easier to read.

allfankledup

The license agreement is that each user has their own account.

Not impressed with that as a user model tbh – only got 1 turbo and zwift setup….

godders
    Free Member

Yeah, there’s no way I’m going to pay for two subscriptions.

gray

So would it be OK for 2 of us on here to each agree to share a subscription, and just time things so that only one of us were using it at any one time?

What about 8 of us? 50?

I don’t see how it makes any difference how many turbos or PCs you have. With one subscription only one person can use Zwift at any one time anyway.

If users shared subscriptions then they’d need to charge more to cover their costs. Some software companies offer both sorts of licences, i.e. a per-named-user option or a ‘floating’ licence for 1 user at a time. Typically the charge for the latter is a lot more than for the former. (In the example that I’m thinking of it is 4x more.)

zilog6128

If users shared subscriptions then they’d need to charge more to cover their costs.

The point is, if they offered a proper “family plan” which cost a little more than a single plan but allowed for multiple accounts (which couldn’t be used at the same time) they’d actually make more money because people would pay the extra to avoid faffing about doing it from a single account. IMO.

godders
    Free Member

Gray, it depends on how you look at it, many people In one house share an internet connection, I also sometimes share a car, do I have to buy a turbo trainer each? No. I’d share it. I think the point of a family subscription is what Zwift should do. As for people on the forum sharing an account, I think thats totally ridiculous, but two people in the same house, using the same IP address, the same turbo trainer and the same laptop to run it isn’t too much of a silly ask. I’ve invested that money in all the equipment, I feel for another person to use the equipment occasionally wouldn’t kill zwift. I suppose my partner will use it when I’m not there, but it will upload to my account instead. I just hope the Zwift police don’t realise this!

muggomagic

Morally I’d have no issue with it (that’s the kinda guy I am), but unless you are similar weights and power outputs to the person you are sharing it with, to race or do workouts you are going to have to adjust weight, FTP and height every time you switch.
    Zwift have been talking about a family membership like the music subscription services do for ages now, but no update as yet. As Weeksy says, under 13s can get a free account with a full paying adult.

Zwift family plan

gray

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s the worst crime in the world to cheekily share an account. There’s no objective definition of what is a ‘fair’ way to charge for software like this, so it is tricky. I do think, though, that from Zwift’s perspective, it’s completely irrelevant that you’ve chosen to only buy one turbo to share between two people.

I think that the ‘fairest’ way would be to pay per km, but that wouldn’t work very well for a lot of people, and probably not well for Zwift either! At the end of the day, the sellers have to choose a payment model, and the buyers can choose whether to buy it or not.

In practice it would be a stretch for people on a forum sharing a subscription, but it’s fundamentally not so different. Why should Zwift care that you’ve married that person, share a house and turbo with them?

Personally I don’t get why they should offer a family discount – as a paying subscriber (which I’m not yet, as it happens!) I’d think it wasn’t very fair on me if someone else got their subscription cheaply (and therefore, by implication, my subscription was more than it otherwise would be) simply because they lived in the same house as another subscriber. But, you know, first world problems and all that.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘One Zwift account to two seperate strava accounts’ is closed to new replies.