Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • One Up EDC
  • breadcrumb

I’m thinking about investing in the V2 tool, what are people thoughts on the threaded v threadless storage methods?

I like the idea of an easy fit with the threadless, but the threaded option allows for more storage and slightly lighter than the threadless.

I begrudge buying a tap for a one of job but guess it would sell on ok?

I think the pump would get in the way on hikeabike otherwise that would be an option.

phil5556

Some shops will rent you the tap. Wheelie bike shop will I think.

I was swaying towards tapping the steerer to maximise the storage space but the decision was made for me when my mum bought me the pump for my birthday 😀

I think the pump would get in the way on hikeabike otherwise that would be an option.

The pump holder will fit on either side if that makes a difference?

breadcrumb

Would it clear the chainring ok?

How bulky is the 100cc pump?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tell people where you are. There’s a few of us knocking around who have the tap.

breadcrumb

I’m near Cockermouth, Cumbria.

I’ll look into the pumps a bit more too, the 70cc might fit better but does lose a little storage..

phil5556

Because I’m in the garage and this is much more interesting than the tidying up I’m supposed to be doing….. I just swapped it over for you.

Doesn’t fit behind the chain ring but will sit above it. One pic is with it pushed down really close, the other I moved it to a more sensible place.

breadcrumb

Thank you very much 👍 it’s certainly a good size isn’t it!

I just need to get my head round spending £108 on a pump and multi-tool in one go!

phil5556

No worries. Yeah it is a bit of a beast!

You’re right it’s not cheap but luckily I had a birthday 😀

razorrazoo

I was worried about the 100cc size but once it’s on and a bottle next to it I don’t notice.  I went all in, pump, edc and plug/pliers set. My rides are normally only 2-3 hours and not in the wilderness so don’t need a pack now which is great.

LAT

i bought one of the ones that don’t need the steerer to be threaded. it’s good and i chose it because i didn’t want to take my bike to a shop to have the tool fitted.

However, i would like the extra storage that the original design allows.

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Another vote for the pump install from me, as you need a pump and you might as well integrate the tool.

It is small but I’ve used it in anger with great results. Yes it is £££ but it’s a one off and you won’t forget it.

I don’t use the extra storage, did ride with the CO2 for about 6 months before going I wouldn’t use it and saved the weight.

Married mine to a Dynaplug racer and haven’t looked back.

James

danmac
    Free Member

I already had a decent pump so opted for the threaded option. Very easy to do and i have the tap kit. Plus the rainbow top cap looks pretty cool. My extra storage has emergency details taped on the outside and a tyre plug, bacon strip and a refreshment fund loaded in it. Happy to lend the tap kit out if you’re local to Worcestershire

phil5556

Tool rental here if you don’t go for the pump

https://wheeliebikeshop.com/collections/tools/products/oneup-edc-tap-rental

breadcrumb

I can only run a diddy 450ml Fidlock due to the shock on my bike, the 100cc pump would dwarf the bottle.

I’m leaning towards the 70cc pump with the EDC tool, spare tube strapped to the frame. Probably ditch the CO² from my hip bag.

breadcrumb

Tool rental here if you don’t go for the pump

https://wheeliebikeshop.com/collections/tools/products/oneup-edc-tap-rental

👍 That’s very reasonable

breadcrumb

@danmac, nowhere near unfortunately, I’m up in Cumbria, but thanks for the offer

teethgrinder

I have the tap tool. I’m Northumberland, and have also hired it out. Same deal as the above link.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘One Up EDC’ is closed to new replies.