Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • One One Mickey bar. Anyone got pics of it in bike packing mode ❓
  • Poopscoop

My Mickey bar has shipped and it’s going on the winter Bizango for the odd night out under the stars on the North Downs.

Not had a bar like this before and pretty new to (Winter) bike packing with the extra stuff I need to take. Hence the bar to fit moor stuff to.

Got any pics of this bar in the wild?

shermer75
    Free Member

I don’t, but where are the good spots to go bike packing? No worries if you don’t want to reveal your fave secret spots, feel free to DM me or just give a general area! 🙂

Poopscoop

No secrets with me mate.lol

I’ll be camping wherever I end up really.

I’m based in Rochester so I join the Downs at the top of Bluebell Hill or head across the bridge and head out from Ransconbe farm (sp?) towards Trottiscliffe direction etc.

The burial mound at trottiscliffe is great to camp at but freaks me out a bit at night.lol

shermer75
    Free Member

Amazing, thanks!!

Poopscoop

Sorry I can’t be more specific. Lol I really do intend just to bed down somewhere quiet when the night pulls in. Rarely a winter time event for me but want to get out over the Winter this year.

I just use a bivvy bag. Don’t use a tarp or tent. Got to get a winter bag yet. Probably getting one of those Anyoo down bags for around £100. It’s one of the main things I want to carry on the Mickey bars.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074CS26J8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uh5SDbX1WR1G4

qwerty
    Free Member

Not sure if this helps: when I’ve used the Geoff bar I’ve packed everything into a dry bag and then used two Voile straps to secure it to the bars underside, light, GPS and bell mounted on top.

whitestone
    Free Member

The Mickey is the same as the Alpkit Confucius so any shots of that will do.

As for mounting: @qwerty has it. Keep the top clear. Alpkit do their Airlock dry bags that come with straps, before I got a bar harness I just used one of those, it bounces around more than a bag in a properly designed harness does but if it’s just a sleeping bag then it’s not too bad.

@shermer75
    – where to go bikepacking? Anywhere! As for camping/bivvying spots, just choose somewhere that you can’t see houses – if you can’t see them then it’s unlikely they’ll be able to see you. The countryside is dark, very dark, at night and any unusual lights will be noticed. Then it’s usual rules: arrive late; leave early; leave no trace.

shermer75
    Free Member

where to go bikepacking? Anywhere!

Sozpots, I meant in the North Downs lol, they’re quite easy for me to get to 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Those Anyhoo bags look like good value! Kind of like how Alpkit used to be before they started opening shops lol

Poopscoop

Thanks for the hemp guys, I’ll check out the Alpkit bar for ideas. ThanksThanks.

Went for this bag in the end based on a few criteria I had in mind. Got it with the £10 off offer currently on eBay. Still dearer than the Anyoo bags though…

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vango-Venom-600-Down-Sleeping-Bag-/182941182377

shermer75
    Free Member

This guy has a few ideas

Alpkit Confucius handlebars

Poopscoop

^^ Cheers mate, will read that later.👍

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘One One Mickey bar. Anyone got pics of it in bike packing mode ❓’ is closed to new replies.