Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • One off component manufacturing
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a site/service for getting a single custom piece machined. I have an idea for improving the air flow of my wood burner but have no metal works available in my fettle pit.

Ta.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Assuming it’s a bit for the burner, and the rest of the burner is iron… A blacksmith? Yellow pages will have plenty of them. If not, google for your nearest metal workers…

richmars

I’ve used these a few times.

But:
    Not cheap
    There will be restriction on what they can do.

Also only if you can send a CAD model.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’d second a local blacksmith if it is metal bashing / bending / cutting. I had a rather nice fire surround done for a stove I installed and the guy welcomed the work as it wan’t routine.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Phone up the local model engineering club. There maybe some retired bloke there happy to do it at less than typical commercial prices.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

If it is forge/blacksmithing you require and not machining, these guys might be worth ago http://www.almondsburyforge.co.uk/

They sell/install/service stoves and do ironwork commissions, so would be able to help with the technical details and then make it.

(Obv, local to Bristol – other similar companies may exist local to you etc etc….)

DavidB
    Free Member

Thanks, the piece that is in place is a vent cap that has clearly been turned. So I’m looking for someone with a lathe or cnc.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Mail me DavidB

We can do this for you no prolem…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘One off component manufacturing’ is closed to new replies.