Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • One for the Tony Blair fans
  • IanW
    Free Member

gofasterstripes – Member
    So, we’re on to page two. Any ‘fans’ of Tony showed up yet? I’m not sure there are any in 2013.

POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

My point- I criticised him circa mid 2012 and was rounded on by the STW heavies, it was like saying helmets are pointless or something.

Now everyone’s in agreement, he’s a douche.

Who’s next to fall?

crankboy
    Free Member

I voted for him once “It was hard not to feel a bit used and a bit sordid after though”

sugdenr
    Free Member

Gorgeous George somehow looks like he should have been a character in Snatch

Northwind

IanW – Member

My point- I criticised him circa mid 2012 and was rounded on by the STW heavies, it was like saying helmets are pointless or something.

Link pls.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fun to read the different paper’s take on today. This caught my eye in the Torygraph’s comments:

Galloway reminds me of my Irish republican granny, who was not only a voluble bully and ideologue, but shared his passion for dictators and was devoted to conspiracy theories. She worshipped and mourned Mussolini, Hitler and Stalin. When many years after the war I asked her, “What about the Jews, Grandmother?” she replied, “British propaganda.” Galloway has had to settle for smaller fry like Saddam Hussein, the Assads and assorted Islamist leaders.

I shared a panel with Galloway last year in West Belfast and found him as unpleasant, unattractive, solipsistic, populist and predictable as I’d expected, but there’s no doubting his ruthlessness as an opponent and his brilliance as an orator. If he’s called on to speak in the Commons today, his performance shouldn’t be missed. However, I also discovered that he is so blatantly bigoted and bullying as to give his opponents at times an open goal. Seize your moment, you decent parliamentarians, like him ignore the Queensberry rules, and show him up for the nasty piece of work that he is.

Add David Starkey and Nigel Farrage (and scraping the barrel a bit Prescott) and she (Ruth Dudley Edwards) could have a full house! Not a fan of dear George – not that you would find them in the Torygraph anyway!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This caught my eye in the Torygraph’s comments

Who, I wondered, wrote that…….it sounded like someone with an agenda.

A bit of googling reveals that it’s one Ruth Dudley Edwards.

Further research informs me that :

Following the Cannes prize announcement, for The Wind That Shakes the Barley, Ruth Dudley Edwards wrote in the Daily Mail on 30 May 2006 that Loach’s political viewpoint “requires the portrayal of the British as sadists and the Irish as romantic, idealistic resistance fighters who take to violence only because there is no other self-respecting course,” and attacked his career in an article containing inaccuracies.

The following week, Edwards continued her attack in The Guardian, admitting that her first article was written without seeing the film (which at that stage had only been shown at Cannes), and asserting that she would never see it “because I can’t stand its sheer predictability.”

“admitting that her first article was written without seeing the film”…… Priceless !

A carefully researched and considered opinion that you can rely on ! 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m afraid all of the “Big 3” parties utterly fail to bring transparent democracy to the inhabitants of the isles that they govern.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘One for the Tony Blair fans’ is closed to new replies.