Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • One for the French on here.
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Is it true that it’s now compulsory to wear a high vis jacket whilst cycling at night now?
    <http://www.motodeclics.com/pratique/une/20689/le_gilet_devient_obligatoire_pour_les_cyclistes.html&gt;

And if so, does anyone pay any attention to it? and do mtb night rides now consist of everyone looking like identical illuminated lemons?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Let’s wait for our H&S Brigade to implement the rule over here. And let’s ban colours darker than bright red 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Ooh, there was a thread about this on the ‘old’ pre hackage forum….

It’s true. But I can’t remember if our mainland European cousins are doing their usual and ignoring the rule or not.

juan
    Free Member

I will try to investigate that next week, but IIRC it’s on road, in bad forecast or out of town at night.

So mtbink should be fine, I wouldn’t be worried about the H&S over here anyway, “le petit nicola”‘s government didn’t implement this law for safety but to get media coverage.

druidh
    Free Member

LOL

CYCLISTS AND OUR FRIENDS?
    Requirement for cyclists traveling outside urban areas, night or day if poor visibility, wearing a vest
    retro-reflective from 1 September 2008. The requirement also applies to any passenger.

Yep – remember your passengers….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘One for the French on here.’ is closed to new replies.