Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • One for rollie smokers
  • Earl
    Free Member

Normally smoke marlboro light.
    Whats the equivelent rollie tobacco?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Didn’t think they were allowed to call them ‘light’ anymore?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There is no equivalent.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There is DD… you make a normal rollie, with a filter and then make a load of pin pricks just above the filter.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its got to be Drum.

thomthumb
    Free Member

There is DD… you make a normal rollie, with a filter and then make a load of pin pricks just above the filter.

white rizla are perforated.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And add a cocktail of chemicals 🙂

sputnik
    Free Member

Drum Gold ie the yellow pouch , not the blue one.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve got a bottle of formaldahide somewhere if you want to dip them in that?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Drum Gold

Was my poison of choice – tbh (and yes, I appreciate the irony), I found smoking “tailored” cigarettes horrible after going over to backy.

alpin
    Free Member

agree with darcy….

i’ll occasionally have a rollie with a beer or after a ride, but can’t for the life of me smoke a tailor.

golden virginia is quite a light baccy.

drum halzwarshag (sp) is too rough, i find. the old man used to smoke it.

oh, and don’t bother with a filter. if you’re going to poison yourself do it properly. and you can screw up the end and flick it without having such a bad conscience. a bit of paper and dried leaf with rot fairly quickly. with filtered ends you have to cart them around till you find a bin.

Coyote
    Free Member

Cutter’s Choice was my favourite when I used to smoke. Bit lighter that the rest.

seosamh77
    Free Member

amberleaf for me.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Rolling tobacco on the whole contains less additives and chemicals to preserve it and promote burning than cigarette tobacco.

Drum (gold) Yellow packet / cutters choice and golden virginia are generally a mellower smoke than amberleaf / Drum (blue).

If you look on the back of some of the packs it gives you a rough indication of tar / nicotine contents for different diameter rolls with diff sized filters for a given mass of tabacco.

Careful about using Rizla silver papers as they still use chlorine to bleach the silver ones but not the others.

khani
    Free Member

Brookfields tubing tobacco, don’t bother with tubes just use it in rolys

alpin
    Free Member

yup, thin blue rizla’s

Junkyard
    Free Member

Careful about using Rizla silver papers as they still use chlorine to bleach the silver ones but not the others.

that is good advice. When inhaling a cocktail of poisonous and carcinogenic smoke PLEASE think of the risks and make sure you use the safest paper for the burning.

FraserCook

use swan extra slim filters, blue rizla and drum. This makes for a smooth and satisfying rollie. Its been many a year since i was a smoker, but the thought of that combination still makes me smile. Without filters its just a horrible mess, with tobacco in your mouth and chucking away half your rollie.

Or better still give up smoking!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

that is good advice. When inhaling a cocktail of poisonous and carcinogenic smoke PLEASE think of the risks and make sure you use the safest paper for the burning.

Don’t be such a boring arse JY 😛

Earl
    Free Member

Hmm… just went out and bought a pouch of Drum Gold… not bad but way way lighter than a mb light so end up dragging deeper. And the problem is it takes me a month to get through a pouch! Ha!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think Amber Leaf is the best Ive used out of the major players.

I was looking on this site earlier: http://www.aireysofkendal.com/

They have some flavoured rolling tobacco, is this nice?

Junkyard
    Free Member

oh ok DD. I liked amber leaf as it seemed milder but golden virginia was more widely illegally imported and available for a pittance.
    I dont know who they compare to straights though as I never really smoked them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was a Spanish Drum Gold man myself – smoking was costing me around £2 a week at one stage. I couldn’t believe people were spending £40+ on Dirty Mallies.

soobalias
    Free Member

i buy drum yellow but on the continent they do one lighter, white, that is equivalent to smoking fresh air, however when i have the choice i would pick the medium drum, comes in a royal blue as opposed to dark blue (not available in this country afaik)

interesting on the rizla silver, i didnt know that – always preferred blues and maybe thats why.

Milkie
    Free Member

Oh god Drum just stinks the house out, and your clothes! Cutters Choice & Amber Leaf are a light smoke, I prefer Golden Virginia. Some people leave some tobacco out of the packet, as they don’t like smoking damp tobacco.

If you look at Rizla’s carefully, you’ll notice they all have tiny little holes in the them… Well King Size Slims anyways! 😉

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘One for rollie smokers’ is closed to new replies.