Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • One coat Gloss paint … How crap is it !
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Doing a bit of painting while im off , decided to re paint the kitchen door and frames etc , my door has lots of squares of glass in it , so there is alot of sharp corners to paint….

Did have some crown one coat gloss that i used in my bathroom a few months ago and thought that was rubbish , so today went and got Dulux one coat gloss and its even worse than the crown stuff , with the added benefit that it runs like ****
    the paint just falls off the sharp corners !

Are there any good gloss paint out there that actually cover well ??
    crown and dulux just dont have any body to them …. not happy at all

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I find them brilliant.

stumpy01

I think the preparation is very important with the one coat gloss paints.

I did an outside door recently & was in a bit of a rush. The paint took really well to areas that were well sanded and clean, but was awful on patches that I'd missed.

I can see how it would be a pain on a door as you describe as the sanding & preparation would take ages…..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I use std paint, found one coat to be gash also.

xcgb
    Free Member

Its fine as long as you put 2 coats on!

roach

I've used Crown Solo and think it's really good. Leaves a brilliant finish and is quite easy to use once you get used to it. It does run but like somebody said if you're not getting runs when your doing woodwork then your not putting enough paint on! Suppose you just need to be careful laying it off.

cynic-al
    Free Member

if you're not getting runs when your doing woodwork then your not putting enough paint on!

Nonsense!

derek_starship
    Free Member

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

??

retro83
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

what the shit

jahwomble
    Free Member

I've found it ok, if the base you are painting on is a similiar colour, and it's been really well prepared, and even then it's not that great,just not bad.

Sounds like it might be tricky and time consuming for that door, or buy a new door.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

All 'One coat paint' should be reported to Interpol for lying.

Save money and buy normal gloss – if you are any good at painting, get the original stuff as the finish can be beautiful and glass-like, if you are like 99% of us, get non-drip – but it yellows quickly.

BigJohn

Dulux Trade gloss is thick enough to be used as one coat most of the time. Stick to white, not brilliant white.

jwt
    Free Member

In answer to the OP,
    VERY!

Coyote
    Free Member

Agreed with One Coat, it's bobbins. I've tried various sorts over the years and ultimately found that standard, old fashioned gloss is the best.

Harry_the_Spider

One coat. Many colours.

Still crap.

mst
    Free Member

If it was any good, they would have stopped selling ordinary gloss.

It's crap. I have three-quarters of a tin of white if anyone wants it ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyone actually try painting with original gloss though?

I did once – never again.

It waits until you are out of the room then starts to run. You could sit there staring at it for days and it will stay where it is but the minute your back is turned it runs quicker than a quick thing.

showerman
    Free Member

think derick is playing mind games one coat Vs one goat still bad though must try harder 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

its quite boring really…

johni
    Free Member

Dulux trade for me too.

Marin
    Free Member

One coat gloss is good if the surface it is going on is in good nic. So pointless really.
    Dulux paints are all good I would say. No shortcut for preperation unless you hire a decorator to do it all for you.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘One coat Gloss paint … How crap is it !’ is closed to new replies.