Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On One Carbon 456 Trail build… Good deal?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

1200 notes for the Trail build of the carbon 456. What do you reckon?

RealMan
    Free Member

Not bad at all. Those wheels aren't great though, are they?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

My thoughts too – though I'd swap out a lot from the current 456. Just trying to do the sums on whether it's worth doing. Also – still not sold 100% on the looks of the frame… 😕

RealMan
    Free Member

Well how long are you planning on looking at it opposed to riding it? Its a love/hate design I think. Which makes it a bit special, a classic.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

True, RealMan, very true. Hmmmm….

RealMan
    Free Member

I find once I'm thinking that hard about buying a bike, its just a matter of time.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

LOL, RealMan. I don't need any more help! 😀

tony24
    Free Member

I dont think you will regret it they ride brilliantly 😀

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Tony – do you find the need to run shorter forks than 140? I'm much more used to less travel and having 100mm for uphills. Did you upgrade from a steel 456?

tony24
    Free Member

I had a full sus bike and heard carbon was the way to go for best of both worlds. I am running 130mm travel forks but i honestly feel 140mm will be fine also it just allows you to let the back flow while the fork does the work.

Ive given mine some serious stick over the last few weeks the chain came off this weekend under pressure and dropped between the granny and the frame. I assumed there would be damage but there was nothing to my surprise 😀

iain1775
    Free Member

its a very tempting deal would it be gready of me to have one of these as well as my steel and Ti hardtails and full suss?
    I 4 bikes, 4 materials too much?

RealMan
    Free Member

too much

Does not compute.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On One Carbon 456 Trail build… Good deal?’ is closed to new replies.