Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Omega Seamaster wearers – help.
  • seanoc
    Free Member

95′, all over the shop, left in 03’……very, very good times. Served with some 59 leg-ends; Stotty, Ward………..

wrecker
    Free Member

Both in a similar line of work now I believe……

seanoc
    Free Member

Seen. I guess you would have rocked up with Webby then.

Oh, and cheers for the Seamaster advice. I think I’m pretty settled on a decision.

specialknees
    Free Member

My Seamaster is at least 20 years old, still keeps good time.
    My constellation is about the same, both serviced as and when they play-up.

The best bit about owning an Omega is that your average ‘Yoof’ hasnt got a clue what it is.

Rolex…for show-offs and car dealers. Horible things.!

toby1

specialknees – Rolex GMT isn’t garish at all and looks lovely (granted a lot of the other stuff is horrendous though)!

specialknees
    Free Member

OK Toby, just googled ‘Rolex GMT’ and it does indeed look good… Probably because it doesnt look like a Rolex.
    The other problem with Rolex is they all look like ringers and most are.
    (well they are in the circles I mix in).

wrecker
    Free Member

Webby was a little behind me. He went off to the rubber fetishists.

summitchilterns
    Free Member

I’ve got a Seamaster professional chronometer, have had it 5 years and wear it every day. I did get it “serviced” for free under the warranty but no problem’s at all with it, love it!!

seanoc
    Free Member

And now I find out that it’s only guaranteed to be water proof for 12 months from new (or last genuine service). I just can’t do this to myself!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Any rolex with gold on it look pants imv

davecharlton
    Free Member

Seanoc – if you still have it I would like to buy your CWC from you as I collect them – I guess it will be about a 97 model – then you could put the funds towards your next new watch – drop me an email at DCharlton55(at)btinternet.com – replacing the (at) of course! Im in Newcastle so not too far from you

Kryton57

Just to lower the average age / introduce a sporting note to the thread, automatic Tag Aquaracer here. Never serviced in 7 years, runs fine.

It’s actually been in the sea too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Had my planet ocean since I was 35 , Two and half yrs ago, loved the original croc strap but ridiculously impractical! Bought a genuine omega strap that works on the original deployment! It doesn’t get worn in the day due to work but I never take it off from fri night thro the weekend and wear all the time on holiday! That coaxial movment is guaranteed for 5 yrs without service. Haven’t read anywhere about the waterproofing up to one yr!?

denni
    Free Member

Hi there,
    I bought a used large Seamaster from this chap, Neil, 3 years ago:

http://www.chronomaster.co.uk/

He put a new battery in it and I have just had to have it serviced and while they were at it, battery change. It also needed a couple of very small parts inside replaced. Hardly surprised as I hammer it. Wear it every day, take it kite surfing, kayaking, climbing, its been in the desert, the Himalayas and dropped out of my car window at 10 mph by my beautiful 2 and a half year old!

Despite all this, it looks great and the only thing I did was replace the original metal bracelet with a “Sinn” divers strap which is bloody brilliant.

The standard price if sent to Omega is about £500 with about 4-6 weeks turnaround but Neil recommended me a chap called Mike who does his own repairs from his house and it cost me £200 all in with a guarantee on parts and battery and was back within 4 days. He reckons that It shouldn’t need anything doing to it for anything up to 6 years which I think is fairly reasonable

Beautiful watch and so far, bomb and child proof. If anyone wants Mikes details for repairs etc, drop me a line or ask Neil at chronomaster. And no, I ain’t on commission, just being nice :0)

Den

This is the one I have, lovely piece of kit!

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/images2/watch_images_pages/watches_omega_gents_pages/omega_seamaster_professional_chrono_22258000.htm

seanoc
    Free Member

Hi Dave, nope I’d never sell the CWC…..I earnt that. It’s been serviced and is ticking along nicely.

Decided against the watch after a chat with a couple of gents in local shops; they are pretty but they just arn’t for me.

toby1

This is it significantly inferior to the seamaster? It looks pretty similar on the surface of it all but costs a lot less. Any opinions?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

For croc/alligator straps try using saddlesoap on them every now and again, helps them last.

Avoid buying anything from goldsmiths or taking it to them for service.

hora
    Free Member

coolhandluke what Seiko/model is that? Very nice.

I had two Omega’s – kept on breaking the straps and BROKE the glass. My F1 Tag bought in 1991 still needs repairing….funnily enough I NEVER broke it- mrshora borrowed it as they come up quite small don’t they! and dropped it after 1 day. FFS.

Now I wear a proper/full on diving watch (Momentum) with…..deeply scratched glass 8)

CaptainSlow

I broke my watch recently and sent it here for repair and service – http://www.chealwatch.com/.

Excellent service and reasonably priced.. You could look up the model you are interested in to get an idea of what a non manufacturer service will cost.

Edit: OP look for an alternative if you can. I’d disagree with specialknees – sea masters are very very common, very ripped off and come with a cheaper quartz movement. If you are going to shell out for a nice watch, try not to buy the default safe option that lots of people are wearing.

joolsburger
    Free Member

http://www.russelltalerman.com/

Reasonable prices and he’s very good.

nickhart
    Free Member

To seanoc, just a thought, keep the cwc. You earned it and it says something about you for those who know. With the money you saved not buying an omega, buy something bike oriented!

seanoc
    Free Member

…….or book a holiday to Disney with the family, eh Nick? Just done that, much better use of the funds I reckon.

Jerome
    Free Member

Go vintage.
    Omegas are made by swatch now.
    I have an original seamaster 2913 which can be had cheaper than the current version.
    1964 and no reason to suggest it will not go 10 years between services.

nickhart
    Free Member

Perfect. Enjoy, time with loved ones is more precious than a time piece.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Omega Seamaster wearers – help.’ is closed to new replies.