Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Olympic football.
  • grahamh
    Free Member

Not a great follower of the sport but switching between the swimming and football on the TV. Team GB seem to be playing better than the England team at the euros? They seem to be more of a team rather than a group of individuals thrown together.
    Be even better if they get to a medal position 🙂

carbon337
    Free Member

After being a footy fan and ex season ticket holder if a premier league club that football is rubbish compared to hockey.

The British hockey matches have been brilliant

loum
    Free Member

Have to say you’re right, graham.
    They don’t seem to have the ego problems.
    But also, got to give credit to the Welsh lads involved, they’ve been brilliant.

DezB
    Free Member

They’ve certainly improved. They were bloody awful at the start of the tournament!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

From what I’ve seen (and watching again now) we’ve been rubbish – Uruguay have had a hatful of chances.

donsimon
    Free Member

Stuart Pearce has the making of a great manager’s nose. 😛

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

They don’t seem to have the ego problems.

I agree. I’ve followed football all my life and had a season ticket for as long as I can remember. I love the game but I’m slowly losing interest in following it.

Being a footballer these days is turning into a lifestyle choice rather then being a sportsman, especially for some of the younger players. They think they’ve made it as soon as they turn pro.

Chris Hoy is at the top of his game and watching him lead the GB team out last Friday waving the flag with tears of pride in his eyes just puts some of these egotistical fakes to shame. Listening to how humble Wiggo was having now been there and done it all.

I prefer Team GB then enduring the whole England saga. Hopefully they will grow in confidence and do us all proud. I just wished we had Bale on board as well.

Klunk
    Free Member

I just wished we had Bale on board as well.

A once in a life time opportunity. Some people just don’t know what’s good for them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good point Chuck, but then you could argue the biggest British footballing name of all has been an amazing ambassador for sport in general. Pity about his wife.

loum
    Free Member

Too injured to play for GB, but fit enough to play for his team.
    Good skills, but prefer the attitude of the players in the squad.

loum
    Free Member

One more thing, disgusting behaviour from GB “fans” booing during the Uruguay national anthem last night.
    After all the fuss about racism in Poland and the Ukraine for the euros, its worse than embarrassing that this happens at the Olympics.
    Morons should have been kicked out the stadium.

Edric64
    Free Member

I was in Cardiff watching the GB game last night and it was really great lots of nations there because of the Mexico game first and really family orientated .Unlike some league or England games where the knuckle scuffing scum seem to be present in abundance

Cletus

Charlie Adam is Karma 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Olympic football.’ is closed to new replies.