Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Older blokes and tattoo's?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s a good tattooist in York Ton. (Well there will be in about 2 weeks time, after he’s discharged from where I work) 😉

I have it on good authority that he really is very good.

tomhoward

donsimon, 😯 What has been seen cannot be unseen! 😯

*Scrolls back to look at Tazzys tatooed pretty lady to make it all ok again*

Back on topic, I like tattoos. I agree that a bad one is about as visually attractive as a gangrenous war wound, but a good one look awesome. I’ll try and get a pic on the best ive seen, but dont hold your breath, as its tattooed on an ex GF…

I want tattoos. I cant however, due to a very rare skin condition, have tattoos 🙁

Ton, If you want a tattoo (and you do, clealy). Do some research (no, not on here, you know full well what we are like). Ask for recommendations, then inspect the artists handywork on the recommendee. Do your own design, but if you are no expert in the operation of the old crayolas (Hell, they’re just so darn tasty) work with an artist (a proper one)to get a design you REALLY, PROPERLY want. (I can put you in touch with a phenomenal illustrator if you want).

Once youve done all that- SHOWTIME. Oh, and anyone who tells you they dont really hurt, they’re either a liar or a tattoo artist :mrgreen: (a tattoo artist told me that…)

donsimon
    Free Member

Oh, and anyone who tells you they dont really hurt, they’re either a liar or a tattoo artist

But it’s a pain you could fall asleep to.

ton

tomhoward………….you have just woken me from a stupid dream where i was gonna go and get a tattoo.
    but you mentioning a rare skin condition has woken me from my fantasy.

i just realised that i am taking 18mgs of warfarin at present..and if i cut myself now (even a small shaving nick) it takes forever to heal, even with a tissue patch on it.
    i reckon it might be a bad idea to get tattoed at present.
    am i right?

samuri
    Free Member

Go for it Ton. I waited till I was 45, just so I was sure like.

I was 43 when I got mine. No-one ever really sees it but me, the wife and people in the changing rooms but I still like it. I’m just fine tuning the design for my next one. No-one will ever see that either but I’m looking forward to getting it.

If you want one Ton, as above, make sure you really think about the design you want and make sure you get the best tattooist you can afford, it makes a big difference to get someone who has evidence of quality work. If they’re booked up for months that’s fine too.

tazzymtb

Don- Becky at Stimga tattoo in Rufus court in chester is fantastic. She’s halfway through a big custom job for me at the moment, about another 15 hours under the needle to finish.

Really impressed the with the set up there to be honest. They have a shop in liverpool as well.

Oh, and anyone who tells you they dont really hurt, they’re either a liar or a tattoo artist

nah they’re not that bad nearly 5 hours straight through of line work so far on the newest one and the only bits that were a bit cheeky where the armpit and the tip of my elbow?!

alpin
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Not having a tattoo is the new having a tattoo.

+1.. or plus 3… we weretalking about this last week in the beer garden.

it seems now that tattoos are so on trend that not having one distinguishes you from the masses.

i would say that scars are much cooler. throw yourself down a mouuntain or against a tree. the stories are much better too. you can talk about the pain, the fear, the ride to hospital, the nurses, the time when they washed out the wound without any anesthetic, the stitches, the infection, the time off work…..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yes, I’m proud of my scars :o) Oh yes, and the broken bones too!

tomhoward

Speak to a dermatologist. My condition is Necrobiosis Lipoidica, it takes forever for anything to heal, and usually leaves a scar when it does (among other things). I should say I’ve never actually been toldby a doctor I couldnt, I just know it would be like the aforementioned war wound.

CHB

Ton, some guys at work have extensive ink. They do MMA and apparently they are essential. If you want me to find out the artist then happy to oblige.

alpin
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

yes, I’m proud of my scars :o) Oh yes, and the broken bones too!

i know one guy that has broken numerous bones due to biking. after the operation/the bone has healed he has had the area tattooed with a picture of a pinned bone or similar depending on what happened.

but really graphic tattoos. so where he broke his collar bone he has a tattoo of his collar bone with the pins in it. on his arm he has a tattoo where his skin is pulled back and the bone is exposed with the pins in it. the same goes for his leg, his foot and his hand.

nice bloke, but a right nutter (in a nice way).

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Go on.
    Any recommendations for Wrexham, Chester or Shrewsbury?

Ace Kustom in Manchester

No for the other areas.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Old guys, and gals, with tattoos look amazing when they are not ashamed of them and wear them as happily as the day they had them done.

I’ve always loved tattoos, even when I was a little girl. I don’t regret ANY of mine, even the early ones. They were all done for a reason and I have learnt something about myself every time I go under the needle. I was warned by a tattooist about 15 years ago that:

….there is a line where you move from ‘having a tattoo’ to ‘being tattooed’ and, particularly for women, this makes you public property and people feel they have the right to judge you/grab you/challenge you on your decisions……

This has, thankfully, lessened as tattoos have increased in popularity meaning that people don’t have as much fear about going under the needle. I know a lot of people dislike the rise in popularity of tattoos, but for me I see it as having improved the freedom for people to choose without excessive societal pressure.

If someone wants (and has thought deeply about having) ‘a generic piece of flash off the wall’ or ‘something with blah blah blah meaning’ then they should have it. It’s their decision, no-one else’s.

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers Andyhilton and tazzymtb, I’ll pop into Rufus Court next time I’m in Chester.

ski
    Free Member

Alpin are you sponsored by:

😉

lipseal
    Free Member

Hours of fun 😉

alpin
    Free Member

ski – Member

Alpin are you sponsored by:

that’s wat my mate said at the time….. maybe i should be, easier that trying to scar a charging bull into my arm…

samuri
    Free Member

That’s the most awesome tat ever.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I have a thing for helvetica tattoos. I’ll get one done at some point.

ton

just been looking on a few tattoo forum’s.
    looks like a no goer whilst taking warfain…… 🙁

solarpowered
    Free Member

I’m not a lover of tats but respect peoples views. Can’t help, however, think that if someone (others know you better than i) is asking for advice re getting one or not. Then there is ‘doubt’. In my book …..if there is any doubt then dont do it at the mo. If you’re going to get a tattoo, it needs to be something you have NO DOUBT ABOUT WHATSOEVER!

emsz
    Free Member

if you want to Ton, then yes, get a tattoo

chipsngravy
    Free Member

It’s your body do what you want with it, but at least have some imagination. Avoid the cliches (tribal shoulder, child’s names, skulls, roses, religious effigies, anything hipster like Duncan Riffle)

tazzymtb

If someone wants (and has thought deeply about having) ‘a generic piece of flash off the wall’ or ‘something with blah blah blah meaning’ then they should have it. It’s their decision, no-one else’s.

+lots!

tazzymtb

Avoid the cliches (tribal shoulder, child’s names, skulls, roses, religious effigies

unless you are a tribal goth with kids who loves roses, In which case have all of them as they’ll each mean something special to you 😉

loum
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s awesome loum, is there a story behind the tat?

loum
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGv33Yh_RvY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

BobaFatt
    Free Member

is it just me, or is Charlotte Church a funny shape?

alpin
    Free Member

that was charlotte church????!!!!! really?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Yep! I’m a woman and i can see the ‘funny shape’ WEIRD!

samuri
    Free Member

maybe, I’d give it a try though. I feel it’s a bt unfair to comment on her shape when there is a man with no neck sat on the couch.

alpin
    Free Member

no, really… i remember her being dark haired. haven’t seen her in years… that is why i was surprised…

justatheory
    Free Member

They seem very popular with Premier League footballers and hairdressers.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Tattoos are frickin amaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyzingggggg!!

Go on Ton, take some blood-thinning drugs and get some clip-art! 😀

Seriously, if you have to ask if it’s a bad idea taking Warfarin and then getting someone to repeatedly inject ink into your skin, you’ve probably got an appropriate IQ for becoming a member of the inked community. Fill yer boots! :o)

muckytee
    Free Member

psling
    Free Member

😯 8)

glenh
    Free Member

Seriously, if you have to ask if it’s a bad idea getting someone to repeatedly inject ink into your skin, you’ve probably got an appropriate IQ :o)

Fixed that for ya 😉

elzorillo
    Free Member

As a guy who spent a couple of grand and a couple of very painful years having his missspent youth tatts slowly lasered off.. Only to immediately have a couple done again.

My advice would be.. ermm….

OCB
    Free Member

Talk to your doctor, and then to your tattooist about being done whilst on warfarin.

If ’twas me, I’d be wary of too much bleeding, as it might cause you to have trouble holding the ink adequately – you shouldn’t scar too much from tattooing so it *should* be ok to have redone later, but, all else being ok about it, I’d still probably wait until I was off the medication (or the dose is reduced), rather than have it done, then need too much touching up on it, too soon after.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Older blokes and tattoo's?’ is closed to new replies.