Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Old School Picture
  • Chevin
    Free Member

I’m trying to find a picture of someone racing down Mammoth, mid ’90s I think. I think it was Mike King with his front tyre blown off the rim and him sliding on the edge of the track.

Anyone remember it and able to link to it?

Cheers,

Matthew.

scruzer
    Free Member

Twas Mike King and I’m certain I still have it, but would take ages to look up. How desparate are you? If I remember correctly it was a centre spread or at least a full page in MBUK about ’93…

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I like the 2nd pic in this thread…. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=406200 1981 Stumpy. 8)

scruzer
    Free Member

Close, MBI September ’93. Centre spread of 4 pics in sequence (though I’m sure I a seen a single full spread of one pic somewhere). Caption at bottom; “To hell and back: Mike King enters the Twighlight Zone. That’s the edge of the Kamikaze he’s riding on, and a drop of several hundred feet awaits over it! Not the place for your tyre to roll off eh?” Pics by Malcom Fearon/Single Track.

Amazing and unforgettable (obviously).

freeandsingle
    Free Member

Wow, early Ergons!

lovewookie

hmm, those ergon alikes were cobra grips, often seen on 1970’s bomber bikes,

🙂

yunki
    Free Member

those ergon alikes were cobra grips, often seen on 1970’s bomber bikes,

hmmm.. I had those grips in bright yellow… with a set of bars very similar to the ones in the pics… fitted on my Raleigh equipe in 1983..

lovewookie

yep, lots of colours found on raleigh burners too 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Old School Picture’ is closed to new replies.