Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Old Orange P7 with parts bin parts – valuation please?
  • feenster
    Free Member

I’ve built up an old mtb frame of mine with bits and pieces I have kicking around to sell to a friend to give mtbing a try.

Want to charge her a fair price, but also want to raise some money, as my plan was to sell off all the stuff anyway.

So, looking for a valuation on this. It’s a real mix of tatty but solid through to arguably end of life.

– Orange P7 2001. This was before the current big fork geometry and sliding drop outs came in. Tatty but straight, and no dents.
    – Manitou 80mm fork. Circa 2003. Fairly smooth, but stanchions a bit worn.
    – FSA orbit xlIII headset – smooth as butter.
    – Hayes hydraulic disk brakes, circa 2005. Work very well.
    – xt hubs. circa 2003, front very smooth, rear a bit rough despite new bearings and grease.
    – Mavic 517 rims. Previously used with v-brakes on a commuter bike, so straight and round, but braking surfaces a bit concave.
    – LX cranks, 2005, chain rings all good, brand new external bb.
    – lx rear mech, well used but fine
    – xt front mech – 2002 – they last forever don’t they?
    – lx shifters – still good
    – chain and cassette transplanted from my main mtb – end of life really, but still working.
    – well used panaracer fire xc tires
    – low- mid range scruffy but solid branded finishing kit.
    – tatty old sdg bel air titanium rail saddle

Overall, everything except the chain, cassette, rims rear hub and possible the fork are absolutely fine.

Should I even sell it my friend, or just break it up and sell it for parts on e-bay?

Cheers in advance for any thoughts.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sell it for sure but take account of wear to transmission – she’ll have a £50 bill quite quickly to sort that.

As for price, tough to say, many of the parts are worth very little bar say cranks, brakes.

£150-200?

highclimber
    Free Member

I agree, probably no more than £200 IMO

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Are you currently or seeking to sleep with this woman? If the answer is yes, charge her nothing if the answer is no, I’m not interested do what you want.

feenster
    Free Member

Are you currently or seeking to sleep with this woman?

😆

Absolutely, categorically not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Old Orange P7 with parts bin parts – valuation please?’ is closed to new replies.