Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Old enough to remember Mushroom grips?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Check out these bad boys!

http://www.tothesky.store/product/pilgrips

qwerty
    Free Member

I was using these ODI attacks until a couple of years ago. i may well go back to them soon, with a little Renthal grip glue.

Bez

Wasn’t there a (non lock on) grip in the mid 90s that was half mushroom, half waffle like that? Pretty sure I had some.

qwerty
    Free Member

Bez – yea, me too.

onewheelgood

Or you could just keep on buying the originals – http://odigrips.com/store/attack-mtb-grips

Edit: I was a bit slow there

AlexSimon

I’ve got a lot of time for Sam and these look good (and great value). Just bought some grips though.
    I still use Odi Attacks on one bike, but they are a bit fat.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Odi longneck on both my bikes, hairspray and job done.

PrinceJohn

Odi longneck on both my bikes, hairspray and job done.

Yup same here – swapped out the lock-ons that came on my gf’s bike too, she was most happy. Still the best grip I’ve used.

kiwijohn

I love ODI Attacks or Tomac Attacks way back in the day.

Still have a set on my Salsa & 2 old sets which need a spot of glue on the end.

The first set up there look like Answer Aggressors, but not as good.

Someone else made a round end grip like the Attack, can’t remember who, thought it might be ATI.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I do recall the original mushys from the 80’s. However I do try to avoid sam pilgrim, him riding like a bell in close proximity to pedestrians really irritates me.

AlexSimon

However I do try to avoid sam pilgrim, him riding like a bell in close proximity to pedestrians really irritates me.

Sam is one of the nicest friendliest, most chilled-out, down-to-earth pros out there. I can understand that you don’t like that aspect, but I reckon he’s a hugely positive influence on the whole. Maybe worth saving your irritation for those much worse.

lucky7500

I was poking about with some DMR Deathgrips in a shop recently and the ‘race’ version ones very much reminded me of an old mushroom grip. I’m thinking of trying some!!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I remember the ODI mushroom grips used to arrive in Maccy D’s style packaging, the old CFC foam type burger box.

I had lime green on my BMX

zerolight
    Free Member

I just got these. Looks like the pilgrips are borrowing from DMR Deathgrips? They have a waffle bit on the bottom too.

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like the pilgrips are borrowing from DMR Deathgrips?

2/3rds of the design and 2/3rds of the price. 😉

NormalMan

I like the look of them. If only they came I  green.

I’ve still got some Attacks on my old retro bike. Although the half flange ones from superstar are pretty good too for the money.

tall_martin

As a side note, is renthal grip glue just rebadged super glue?

The bottle looks very similar to superglue

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I do remember them from back in the BMX day. One of the first must have upgrades. Ame grips anaw. Oh and cobra grips 😎

Bez

Answer Aggressors

Them’s the ones 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I was an A’me Round man myself…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I was using these ODI attacks until a couple of years ago. i may well go back to them soon, with a little Renthal grip glue.

Got a few sets in the garage. 😎

Come to think of it, I think there’s a few pairs of original Tomac Attacks.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Lucky750

I just got some fat / soft / flanged (triple lol) Deathgrips off a guy who bought them then had his bike nicked so never got to install thrm. Bargain $20…..which led me to Googling mushroom grips actually. Quite impressed with them but not sure I’d pay full whack for them. I’ll probs try some pilgrips next.

kayak23

Check out these bad boys!

http://www.tothesky.store/product/pilgrips

I got me some Pilgrips just the other day as it goes, in murdered out black. They’re really nice. I’ll be sticking them on when my Deathgrips die for a bit of a change.

Be awesome if you gave this a thumbs up, be Sick if you subscribed…To the Sky..y.y.y.yyyyyyygggrrrrrzzzsssh. 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Old enough to remember Mushroom grips?’ is closed to new replies.