Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • oil levels in fox 120 rl lowers?
  • seanodav
    Free Member

Video of mojo doing lower service says 5ml in lowers ea leg,fox chart says 30 ml in spring side and 160 in damper side, am i right putting so much oil in lowers? seems a lot.
    Thanks Sean.

plecostomus
    Free Member

5ml in lowers its just for lubrication put it in before the footnuts are tightend

KonaTC

Fox Service Help then navigate to 'service' – 'oil volumes' you should be able to find your forks and the oil needed

seanodav
    Free Member

Thanks for replies, I thought the same plecostomus that 5 ml was correct but more than that came out, the service help above just gives a link to oil volume table which says 30 ml in 1 and 160 in other but that seems a lot to me, as i thought only 5 ml as plec said

bigyinn
    Free Member

Too much oil is better than too little in foxes.

seanodav
    Free Member

I'll try 30 spring side and 160 damper side as per fox instructions, seems bit weird when my pikes only use 15

Andy_K

Video of mojo doing lower service says 5ml in lowers ea leg,fox chart says 30 ml in spring side and 160 in damper side, am i right putting so much oil in lowers? seems a lot.
    Thanks Sean.

30 and 160ml are the total oil volumes in those legs. You need to replace that if you do the full service.

The 5ml volume is for topping up the legs after the wiper clean service, usually done with the bike/forks upside down so you don't lose all the oil.

seanodav
    Free Member

Thanks Andy, turned the fork the right way up so guess i lost all the oil,was quite a bit come out, wanted to change oil completely in lowers anyway.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘oil levels in fox 120 rl lowers?’ is closed to new replies.