• This topic has 270 replies, 124 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rone.
Viewing 31 posts - 241 through 271 (of 271 total)
  • Oh dear Danny Macaskill – please don't do the Playboy Mansion thing :-(
  • torsoinalake
    Free Member

Literally everyone who reads Playboy bangs on about how good the articles are. It’s almost as if there would be a market for a grown-up magazine that contained quality writing and no pictures of women’s vaginas.

Playboy doesn’t do vagina photos though does it? Just a hint of pubic hair if I remember correctly. Hustler was the gynaecalogical study magazine.

emsz
    Free Member

Has anyone on this thread actually ever read a copy of Playboy?

Puts up hand

I had one I was about 13 and kept it under my bed in a box. Then I grew up and realised that overtly airbrushed hi gloss photos of girls weren’t that sexy in comparison to the real thing the articles weren’t actually that good.

rene59
    Free Member

I’d say the sugar water Red Bull peddle is far more damaging to people than Playboy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iolo
    Free Member

Let’s be honest once you’ve seen one naked lady you’ve seen them all. Reading Playboy just for naked women wouldn’t make it as successful as it obviously is.
    The articles are actually not a bad read.
    Can somebody please explain why this thread is still going? Page 7 and 3 camps – it’s alright, it’s shit, I don’t care.
    Then the sexualization of women – yes or no.
    That’s it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Has anyone on this thread actually ever read a copy of Playboy?
    It certainly hints at more than it shows / says.
    I’m not saying it’s a good or a bad thing, but in the context of what is out there (and what was out there pre-internet), it is barely registering on my giveatossometer.

What do you give a toss over then?

bearnecessities

Let’s be honest once you’ve seen one naked lady you’ve seen them all.

Not quite.

zippykona

Dan is one tumble away from being out of a job.
    Let him make as much money while he can.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

What always surprises me is the people tend to expect (or at least want) their favourite riders/sports stars to be role models. People always complain when a footballer or a sports star does something naughty and complains about the example it sets. We should learn to accept that these people are athletes or brand ambassadors or what ever and we can’t expect them to right the wrongs of the world and refuse work because some of their fans might find it objectionable.

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoxg_DcqhsA[/video]

Northwind

Why would you actually buy playboy these days? I’ve heard there are pictures of semi clothed women on the internet for free. Or is it another of those epic branding exercises where the original product’s irrelevant but the name is still big?

zippykona – Member

Dan is one tumble away from being out of a job.
    Let him make as much money while he can.

Basically this. He’s been pretty close already

bob_summers

Just seen it. First impression of the Playboy Mansion is it all looks a bit Operation Yewtree. Felt ashamed when s/o asked me what I was watching. And, dare I say it, I’m a bit over Danny Macaskill. As said above, give me a Chris Akrigg vid any day.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Why would you actually buy playboy these days?

No one does. It’s a dying brand.

Jamie
    Free Member

First impression of the Playboy Mansion is it all looks a bit Operation Yewtree.

**** me.

andyrm
    Free Member

Not so.

Mag sales in decline (as with the majority of physical mag publishing these days, across all sectors), but revenues for the brand (much of which is brand licensing, franchise brand licensing etc) continue to run at $200M+ a year, definitely not a failure in anyone’s book!!

legend
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him

**** me.

a/s/l?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Mag sales in decline (as with the majority of physical mag publishing these days, across all sectors), but revenues for the brand (much of which is brand licensing, franchise brand licensing etc) continue to run at $200M+ a year, definitely not a failure in anyone’s book!!

Revenue for the year to september 2013 was $135m, down from $240m in 2009 – Profits were up though.

This doesn’t seem to agree with your rosy picture:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578304102041831988

Jamie
    Free Member

a/s/l?

34/yes please/behind you

torsoinalake
    Free Member

a/s/l?

Judging by his earlier post, if you don’t have a greasy mullet I’m not sure you are in with a chance.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Judging by his earlier post, if you don’t have a greasy mullet I’m not sure you are in with a chance.

I got 5!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

First impression of the Playboy Mansion is it all looks a bit Operation Yewtree.

Still a good margin classier than Operation Fernbridge or Operation Rectangle

lemonysam
    Free Member

Still a good margin classier than Operation Fernbridge or Operation Rectangle

Do you have any other interests outside of exposing the sexual predilections of the ruling classes?

Lifer
    Free Member

lemonysam – Member
    Do you have any other interests outside of exposing the sexual predilections of the ruling classes?

Playing the moral equivalence game.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He has been dead inside for years and I wager nothing on the outside works either

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Aside from hugely important issues which seem to scare many people, I like bikez n stuntz…

What’s your favourite TV show from the 80s?

wrecker
    Free Member

What do you give a toss over then?

Ex-RAF. Bats for the other side, see.

mlke
    Free Member

Dunno what the fuss is about. It looks like an insignificant short film to fill in time before the next proper video. I’d be interested as to why they filmed it – maybe had an offer of the location and had a couple days of filming him doing old tricks in a new location?
    Bunny girls were probably supposed to be “ironic” or something but don’t really add anything. I really liked the first Edinburgh shoot and the Imagination one – toys / tanks etc

rossatease
    Free Member

Good luck to him, not going to read or comment on any of the 8 pages of STW handwringing I just hope there were some who were not bothered, or concerned about what to do if he poo’d himself in the playboy mansion.

If I could wheelie further than 5ft and got offered what was probably a six figure sum, to sod off to some sunny part of America, dick about on my bike, with some fit girls in their bikinis (who, I very much doubt are hating their sunkissed, lavish, ridiculously easy, yet oppressed, objectified and manipulated dead end lives with absolutely no purpose), I can quite categorically say, that I’d be there.

I’d love to see the sanctimonious turn the offer down.

Sometimes life is about kicking back and enjoying yourself – it doesn’t have to revolve around morals, values and adopting a bloody stance against every little detail of life, that might not conform to what you have been told and you believe is ‘right’.

Anyway, there’s far more serious shit going off in this world than tits. Chill!

I may be drunk #morningdisclaimer

choppersquad
    Free Member

Well said ^^^^

rone

Two groups of naturally talented people doing what they want and getting paid.

How can we without arrogance decide what’s right for them?

Here’s a tip; if your against something then that needs publicity to survive, don’t bring it up, don’t buy it, don’t watch it etc. But whatever you do don’t decide on behalf of someone else what is right for them.

Forced sweatshop labour to survive however may be a bigger issue, and that might need a debate.

Viewing 31 posts - 241 through 271 (of 271 total)

The topic ‘Oh dear Danny Macaskill – please don't do the Playboy Mansion thing :-(’ is closed to new replies.