Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ofsted mashup website?
  • sl2000

Can anyone point me to a good website for searching for nurseries?

My ideal would let me search by postcode and would plot the nurseries on Google Maps with different coloured markers for different Ofsted report outcomes, with a link to the Ofsted report.

GrahamS

Umm.. have you tried the Ofsted website?

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report

You put in your postcode, select “Childcare on non-domestic premises” and it gives you a list with distance from your house. No clever map but it does the job.

wwaswas
    sl2000

You put in your postcode, select “Childcare on non-domestic premises” and it gives you a list with distance from your house. No clever map but it does the job.

Yep – tried that. I’m in London so there are (literally) hundreds nearby. The close ones are all too expensive or too crap or too full – so I’m looking at further along my commute to work – so I really need to see them on a map.

GrahamS

Ahh there are only about 10 round my way so it was a little easier to choose 😀

sl2000

@wwaswas – thanks – that’s closer – but it doesn’t list ‘Childcare on Non-Domestic Premises’ which is what all nurseries seem to be – so there’s only 1 nursery within a mile of me shown on it.

wwaswas

ah, sorry, was using it for somethign else and saw the nursey tick box – it may only include nurseries attached to schools, I guess.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ofsted mashup website?’ is closed to new replies.